or Connect

Posts by jaybee

Hey all, I've tried all sort to figure this out, I have a 1tb Seagate Ext HD, which I connect to both my iMac runnning 10.4.11 and my MBA running 10.6 recently the HD doesn't show up in finder on the imac, although it is present and not needing repair in Disk Utility, it's shortcut appears under /Volumes but doesnt work, nor does the hyperlink in disk utility mounting in Disk Utility does nothing and if I forget, when I unplug the hub to which it is connected...
okay so there may be another issue at play here.... basically my isp provided me with an adsl router with wireless (zyxel) but as this is only 802.11. g I contacted a local supplier for the strongest wireless router, and he pointed me in the direction of the belkin N+.... so where should all of my dhcp and dns settings be made to make this all work seamlessly phoneline-- phonecable-->zyxel (P-660HW-T1 v3)--ethernet cable-->belkin--> wireless network where is it...
wow... thanks for that... I'll get onto that straight off.... I suppose this would be a good opportunity to upgrade the hard drive too..... I was about to search on here for the best way to do that..... Only thing is I had a fire in my old place and all of my cd's with apps were in it.... so I have no re-install capability.... the only thing I'm worried about is my Adobe CS suite.... is it possible to find my reg no and key in a .plist file somewhere.... or...
so this is a pain in the face.... I am connected to the internet via a belkin N+ router..... this is in turn connected to an adsl modem... I am having no problems with the signal to the router but at least four times a day my internet disappears.... When I run Network Diagnostics hey presto, your internet is working fine.... The only things I have changed recently was that as I am running osx 10.4.11 I was having that issue where you couldn't access Network...
both directly to the imac...
Hi all I have a small issue with firewire at the moment I have a seagate firewire external HD which wortks perfectly until I plug in my firewire card reader, at which point I get the "you unplugged your device without ejecting" error message. the card reader appears and the HD dissapears... I have tried resetting the SMU but it hasn't helped... problem persists even if I leave the reader plugged in... in that situation every time I plug in a card it ejects the fw...
simple question.... I have three external hard drives, one of which I use daily one I use maybe once a week and one I use rarely.... Is it better to leave them switched on and plugged in at all times or is it better to turn them on only when you need them....
still at it... even if I leave my card reader plugged in, very time I put in a new card, it ejects my fw drive..????
Hi all I have a small issue with firewire at the moment I have a seagate firewire external HD which wortks perfectly until I plug in my firewire card reader, at which point I get the "you unplugged your device without ejecting" error message. the card reader appears and the HD dissapears... any ideas for a solution?? system profile is below; firewire info below that Machine NametiMac G5 Machine ModeltPowerMac8,1 CPU TypetPowerPC G5 (3.0) Number...
hmmm express card looks mighty useful, extra fw800 ports would be very useful as i use fw external HD's and fw flashcard readers still let me know why you'd go for the 15" ahead of the 17" with only 150 in the difference I thought the extra screen size was well worth it Jay