or Connect

Posts by hypoluxa

So having spent some time playing around with the public beta of Yosemite, I have to say my transparency concerns are ebbed. The transparent aspects of the UI inside the OS/ apps is very subtle and not destracting. I do like the dark mode and having the nice simple dock back. Much easier to see which aps are running now. I will look forward to seeing the evolution of it in new beta's as they arrive. Other than that, my only issue, is that it takes it a bit to boot up and...
Great article. I am no tech guru, but I think Google and MS have similar problems by not focusing on a just a few key items, and perfecting those, before releasing them to the general user. Someone mentioned that on here as well, and I think the article writer did too. Google massive 'Skunkworks' like factory, where they are seemingly working on all kinds of stuff, might be good & bad. After Jobs came back into the Apple fold he cut all the dead-end projects and had the...
Will this be bigger than the Pentagon? It looks like it! Damn!
I wish Hulu would stop using f'ing flash.
I second that notion. Software is where they should continue in. Leave the OS/hardware market. They produce the tackiest HW. Sans the XBox. That seemed to have worked for them, except didnt they lose money producing it or whatever?
It seems to me like every time Apple is rumored to come out with something brand new, Samsung or MS shortly thereafter have rumors of their hardware foray of similar regard. Apple should just make something up as a leak and see if MS or Samsung then copy it immediately just to embarrass them. Granted it is impossible to know who thought up what first, but still, it really does appear that way.
I agree it is all useless eye candy, but it's subtler than what MS had done with Vista and 7 with gloss efx and such.
I think Apple has implemented it better than MS, but I don't really think it has any pertinent use/function besides 'eye candy' in th end. Giving one "depth" etc in the UI with the transprency, as Ive mentioned, doesnt really seem to me that useful. Apple in the past just 'greys out' the background window from the forground and having a simple drop shadow along the UI window. I like the simplicity of Yosimite, but the transparecy with menus etc is pointless and bad for...
Couldn't agree more. I hope they give us the option to turn that transparency crap off in the System settings. Ive is a great industrial designer, but not so much in the graphic UI dept it seems...granted he may not be actually designing the UI, but is just the influencer/approver in the end.
I would agree with that sentiment as well. Legible typography is a must in this digital format especially in UI design with menus, buttons etc...I am not a fan of the transparency in iOS7, so I turn it off for legibility, hopefully Apple will do the same with Yosemite and give us that option of 'no' transparency.