or Connect

Posts by hypoluxa

Yep... it does. If this lasts for more than year or two after it ships (if)..then i will be shocked.
I imagine that Apple takes a little more time when developing the  HW & SW for the pro-user market, hence no comments in the public space and the longer wait for the new MacPro perhaps. It will be interesting to see what they do with it.
Would be cool to see a slight case redesign, but I likely doubt it. Either way, the current design still works. Just wish it was lighter. I remember my old G5 tower, man that was a beast to lug around.
Tried that. No dice.
Weird issue folks. Can't get the trash to empty the normal way, I have to use OnyX to do it. Checked system with disk utility etc and all checks out ok. Files that are trashed are not locked either. Has anybody else experienced this since updating to Lion? It just recently started, as when I first updated to Lion everything was working normally. No clue as to what could have caused this minor problem.
Has any body here noticed a longer lag time in logging off/ in and just booting up in general in Lion? (I'm running 10.7.3) I upgraded from SL a week and half ago, and just noticed it after I did. SL seemed way snappier when booting up from a cold start and logging in and out. \ I use Tinker Tool and have turned off the 'Resume' feature in much if not all the apps as well. Thought that might be the issue. Still notice the longer lag time.
I finally figured out the problem!!!! It was in the Mail apps prefs advanced tab section. The port number that was being used 9XX or whatever, and not port 25. That's what has been causing my sending problem! I changed it to 25 and BAM! Test email sent instantaneously! Happy day!
I have been using other email clients for a while now because Mail in OSX 10.7 and the last few releases has not been working as it should. Problem is when trying got just send a simple email. Mail hangs (in sending mode) for a very long time and never seems to connect to the out going smtp server, if at all. My other email clients, (Thunderbird, Postbox) work fine. They send the email almost instantaneously. Connect to the smtp outgoing server fine. Everything is set...
Yeah you're right, I just double checked on Wiki...My bad. Based on what saw with the video preview, it just felt like a SL update...nothing really mind blowing, but who knows what else they have in store.
10.8 is basically how 10.6 was for 10.5...a small maintenance update with some new features. Or at least that's how view it.