or Connect

Posts by Logisticaldron

I can’t believe you people are so concerned about a gadget when a tsunami has killed millions and will cost all the money in the world to repair the damages. You guys are so selfish! I say you should do the right thing and not wait in line today so I can have a better chance at getting an iPad 2.
Don’t forget to take pictures from Google Images and then watermark them with your forum alias to prove you own them.
No, it was rewritten for the display I/O. What you’re talking about is the notification system which was carried over with little change, but you’re first remark implied it was the same UI on both device types which is patently wrong. If you’re going to be a fool you might as well as that iOS and Mac OS are the same because they both use Darwin OS at the core. Yeah, they were awesome with their pressure based stouchscreens, cheap plastic overlays giving a white hue to the...
This may be exactly what I’ve been wanting to stream Keynote from the iPad and MBP to an AppleTV connected to a projector without having to set up an intermediary wireless router.
I’m curious how he wants the icons placed if they aren’t next to each other. Does he want them overlapping so you can’t see them, like in WIndows 7? Does he not want icons at all, just text or a command line? I’m perfectly okay with people not liking the way something is implemented but when they offer zero ideas as to how they think it could be better it just sounds like trolling. I think did well with the icon size and spacing on the iPad. They made them larger than on...
You’re certainly entitled to your preference and choice, but what you wrote isn’t even close to accurate and certainly doesn’t make any sense. iOS for the iPad was COMPLETELY rewritten to take advantage of the iPad’s I/O. That’s where you’re wrong. The part doesn’t make sense is that you claim that Honeycomb is the first to do this (as pointed out to be wrong) and yet you also claim you want a 10” screen to function like a desktop OS (as noted by your netbook/laptop...
His hypothesis is so absrud. Let me clean with a dose of reality: - Hype = Interest - TV appearances = Mindshare - Movie appearances = Mindshare - Word of mouth = Mindshare - Reviews = Interest or disinterest, depending on the review. - Depend = (I have no idea what the hell he’s talking about here) - Lack of supply = A shortage, which means lower sales than you could have had had you had supply for all those who wanted to buy one. - Cool factor = Interest - it's an Apple...
Really? All those years that Nokia had the popular Symbian OS, RiM had the popular BB OS, MS had the popular WM6 OS. They each had a certain level of market dominance. They each could have made a tablet OS that was familiar. They didn’t! The only reason Apple has the dominance is because they thought about the future, not the past or present. They took the risk and invested into making a complete device before coming to market, even if that meant having to can the project...
It’s funny to think that Apple is a first mover here and in the modern smartphone business when both areas were created long before the iPhone and iPad were first on the drawing board.
Pogue’s article on it starts off with some funny quotes from last year.http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/10/te...h/10pogue.html His article fits me well. I still have little use for the iPad and what use I do get from it is from reading books and other things that aren’t going to show any real gain from the HW. I don’t even care about the cameras and will probably only use FaceTime just to check it out. Yet despite that I can’t wait to get the new one tomorrow.