or Connect

Posts by Logisticaldron

We may something unfortunate with Apple’s software development in the future. Many years ago the 3rd-party apps weren’t robust and Apple trying to rebuild itself had to create and distribute apps that would attract users. These were/are great apps, but now we have a huge growth trend in Mac sales and Mac OS development. Does Apple need to continue making these great apps to attract users to the platform? Will it most cost effective for them to forego these cost centers and...
What price gouging on RAM? Sounds like one of those fallacies that have held over since the days of “There is no software for Macs” for that crop up from time to time. I remember when the cost of RAM was quite different than what you could get from Newegg, except for the best RAM options they offer, but it’s been a couple years since it wasn’t more advantageous for me to just buy the RAM upgrade from Apple instead of saving a a couple dollars on comparable good quality...
Um... Yeah! The MAS is a delivery system, not just a way for 3rd-parties to sell their apps and they aren't disallowing 3rd-parties from selling their apps outside the MAS and requiring a system password. Also note that I how you get Lion. By your reckoning if Apple I allowing themselves to distribute the next version of Mac OS X that Windows and every shitty Linux distro should also be able to be bought and installed via the MAS. Um... No!
The only thing Android has beaten a comparatively speced iDevice on is in JS engine speed. Which says a lot about Google’s V8 engine, but it’s by far the not the only engine or metric to concern oneself with in a browser, and the speeds, while better, aren’t so good that it makes up for the lackluster experience and speeds in the rest of the system. Apple did change the battery life testing methods, so the new iPad may actually get a little better battery life than the...
I’m not seeing a pre-order online with in-store pickup this year. Is that correct?I bet Apple’s flagship store in NYC will sell more iPads the first 24 hours than all actual Xoom sales for its entire Xoom life throughout all its markets.
You won’t last long as a Troll Tech new hire unless you a little effort into your forum trolling. Why don’t you show us a screenshot of this spinning beach ball on iOS. Just one screen capture that you say exists. The fact is that Android needs a lot more RAM to do basic functions because it’s less optimized code. Hunk of plastic? Really? At least put a little effort into your trolling before you’re banned again. PS: Apple releases one model every year for their iDevices...
LOL I had no use for the T-Shirt and extra Apple stickers. I either tossed mine in the trash or gave them away. Now they might be worth something.
I hadn’t even noticed that. I installed Lion but still haven’t gotten around to checking out Xcode 4. $5 is cheap. PS: I wonder if the OS will $29 again since they’ll be using the Mac App Store for the main delivery system?
People will complain about that, but they also dropped the paid dev side from $500 to $99 so I’ll take that combo any day of the week over free dev tool and $500 paid membership.
And? As long as you still use it every PC vendor should include it? There ate tipping points in technology and you can either be ahead or behind them, but don't pretend they don't exist or that they revolve around your desires. Guess how Mac devs are downloading an installing Mac OS X Lion? It's all from within the Mac App Store and within SL without having to buy or burn a DVD. I'm sure they will sell a DVD to you people at the caudal end of the technology curve, but...