or Connect

Posts by sranger

I ordered one for the wife to replace an old Sony Laptop.  It will seem blazing fast to her and all she does is scan photos to keep in her library, download music and surf the web and answer emails.  It will be her first mac.  I had an older 13" MPB but she found it too heavy.     I just dread the learning curve to switch her to a Mac.....   It was this or a new iPad.  I see this more or less replacing the iPad for her.  She often complained about the lack of that...
And you proof either way is??????
I think Apple really just wants these to more or less be a made to order device....
While I have worked on old air cooled VW's over the (mostly for friends), this was the first car I completely disassembled and rebuilt.  It is amazing how well these 40 year old systems work in this car and how easily and inexpensively they can be repaired....
This can be a concern, but electricity is cheap to make and getting less expensive by the day thanks to the droping price of solar.  If the utilities try to raise the price too much they quickly reach a point where buying your own solar/batteries is more cost effective.  So, the laws of basic supply and demand more or less dictate that they cannot gouge you too much... One the other hand, there is no limit to how much you can be charged for fuels like, Gas, Natural Gas and...
 Obviously....   All cars must be parked somewhere when not in use.  Public charging will have to be part of the solution.  About 67% of the people in the US live in houses.  So you statement of MOST is simply wrong.   We need do need to concentrate on them first obviously. However when people see the advantage of about 3 cents per mile of fuel for the BEV ( average cost of electricity in the US is 12 cents per Kwh) they will want one and demand that apartments and condo...
It is a lot of fun.  If you are on the west cost and get interested in the Idea, I know the guys at www.EVWest.com.  They sell a kit for the VW platform and have a complete bolt on kit for the Bug.  It can literally be installed in a long weekend.  They are probably the best guys in the business. I admit that the restoration and conversion was a bit expensive and probably not a good investment, but this is a real Acapulco Edition of the VW Thing.  In it's current restored...
They are not currently GAAP profitable because of there reinvestment on R&D and expanding the supercharging network.   The plan for Tesl is to release a 200 mile EV for $35,000 in the year 2017 or 2018.  They are building a 5 billion dollar battery factory now to drive the battery cost down and to have enough supply to make over 500,000 cars a year by 2020.   We do not need near as many supercharges as gas stations simply because more people will charge 95+% of the time at...
You can see everything at:  www.EVThing.me I have restored cars and built hotrods most of my life.  I am also both an electrical and Mechannical engineer...