or Connect

Posts by sranger

By the way, I have watched windshields being made.   This is exactly how they make the individual glass laminations.  They put a piece of flat glass on the holders over a form.  The forms are on a conveyor, they run through a gas fired kiln and the glass softens and lays down on the mold.....    http://www.answers.com/topic/automobile-windshield   What the hell is the difference????
  http://www.tempsfordstainedglass.co.uk/acatalog/Slumpys_moulds.html
  The problem is this is exactly how most companies have been making curved glass for centries.....   How do you think curved car wind shields are made????
This truly has to be joke......   This technique has been around for centuries.....
Well it would help the iPad sell better.... I bet that they reduce the bezel like they did on the mini.... I
With at least two of the patents in question preliminarily invalidated, this seem like an up hill battle now.....
Well,   I Apple can pull of a Retina Display in the Mini without making it thicker or heaver, it would be a smash hit...     Heck it already is a smash hit....  It would have to be a super duper smash hit....   I personally think a Retina Mini is about a ear away.  This is based only on the pace at which battery energy density has been improving over the last few years....
I guess my sale could be considered cannibalization. If the mini did not exist, I would have probably purchased the iPad4. (NO PRICE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH MY DECISION!) I also wonder why everyone assumes that Apple makes less profit on the Mini? It very well may be the same profit level due to the higher component cost of the retina diaplay, larger batteries, and more powerful processor. I do believe that the Mini is the smallest tablet that can be made to still get...
  Obviously there is a limit as to how small you can make something and still be able to type on it.  My point is that the major limitation of typing speed on the iPad is having to switch between the Alpha, numeric, and symbol keyboards.  The difference in size between the iPad Mini display and the iPad display is simply not enough to make any significant difference in typing speed.  Also as I have said before, thumb typing while standing is far superior on the Mini.  So,...
Mainly because a tablet is primarily designed to be a portable device. The more portable it is the most useful it is as a tablet.P.S I typed this on the iPad Mini. I had absolutely no problem and the bigger iPad would not have made this any easier....