or Connect

Posts by sranger

I completely agree on this one.  The main reason I have a Galaxy Nexus instead of a 4s is the 4.6" screen is just easier to read....period...  In fact I would still chose the larger android phones over the iPhone 5 for this reason.  It is the extra width of the screen that makes the difference.  THis is the exact same argument of why the IPad Mini is more readable than the Nexus 7....  And at least for me, price has NOTHING to do with it...   Like it or not Apple is...
I just bought a iPad Mini.  This would be horrible for me.     I can see only two possibilities if this happens:   1) I'll keep using my iPad Mini and be happy with it.   2)  I'll  get a retnia iPad Mini.  I'll give my current 4G LTE Mini to the wife.  We will donate her iPad 3G to a family member or charity....   Sound truly horrific does it not?
After using the iPad mini for three weeks now, I could never go back to the 10" versions.  They just feel like bricks.    Here are my thoughts on the two models.   Typing:   I find that typing on the mini using the smart cover to be as to be as easy as typing on my older iPad with a smart cover.  I can types as fast and as accurate.  The limitation in typing speed with ALL ipads is having to switch between the letter, numbers and symbol keyboards.  The...
I basically agree....   The main reason I do not use iCloud is that I cannot sync Notes, Contacts, Calendars with any non-apple device.  This is something that I have to do form my work.  As a result, I am forced to use Google to sync these items because it works on ALL platforms....   If Apple simply allowed me to sync these three servies with non apple device in iCLoud I would probably just use iCloud instead of Google....   This is what I think he is...
I think it will quickly outpace the iPad 4th generation (If it has not already). I have had mine for about two weeks now and my wife's iPad 2 (lightest full size iPad) feels like a brick. I find myself using the mini more often and taking it more places that I did the original iPad. I got the 4G LTE (Verizon) version. Having 4G built in is great!!!! In the past I have often used my phone to do wifi tether for my laptop. Using WiFi tether on a smart phone will deplete...
Incompetents in the Patent Office...Plain and simple....
Obvious and plenty of prior art....
Thank God the patent office is coming to its senses...... These so called patents are ridiculous....
I think 24 months is optimistic... Apple demands extremely high quality on a very low margin. It take a lot of time and scale to achieve a result that can meet Apple's demands and still make any kind of profit for the component supplier. Case in point the iPad Mini. Apple shifted away from Samsung for the displays and now they are having supply issues due to low yields. This caused a revision in the sales forecast from 10 million to 6 million. So these types of moves...
I am not sure I believe many of these stories.  It think Apply would put a tighter lid on this kind of stuff that it does it's product development.  These kind of leaks could really hurt Apple's business.  Like it or not,  Apple cannot produce most of their mobile products without Samsung.    As for how bad this will hurt Samsung, it is any one's guess.  Typically companies like Apple squeeze suppliers very hard.   They cut their profits margins to nearly nothing.  1...