or Connect

Posts by sranger

I understand trademarking, but this is a patent issue.... I know Apple wants to halt all competition in the tablet market, but I worry about what effect this will have on their product. No viable competition usually means no good innovations. For example do you think Apple would be dramatically improving it's notification system ( copying Android who copied WebOS ) if there was no competition?
I thought all of this Look and Feel stuff was settled years ago as un-suportable in court. Unless some one copied a technical design, copyright or software it was not considered a violation.... What has changed recently to allow this?
I agree. The iPad can do about 80=90% of what a laptop can do. With a little help from iCloud and Apple letting people have a airdrop without having to connect he damn cable these are becoming a "laptop like device"... When people as me about my iPad I still tell them the same thing. Right now: The iPad is the best PDA, Media player and content viewer ever produced.... The iPad is one of the worst laptops you can buy right now.... Yes you can use dropbox, airdrop and...
I agree that Apple has a big opportunity to finally make some inroads into Corporate America. The incompatibility of Windows 7 is really forcing IT departments to look at other options especially since employees are demanding iPhone/iPad compatibility. However, the latest version of Lion server is a huge roadblock. It broke so many thing that were working fine in Snow Leopard Server that it is more or less useless to IT professionals in it's current form. Very bad...
Why not, This is no more or less stupid that what Apple is suing others for and others are suing Apple for..... Pretty soon every one will be suing everyone for everything.....
If they do this they will lose a very large portion of their customers. Like many people, I HAVE to run VMWare ( or Parallels ) virtual windows machines on my box because the software that my company sells will not ever run on OSX/iOS. That means that I would never be able to buy another Apple PC.....PERIOD..... because I HAVE to be able to run windows on the computer..... It might work for the Air Computers ( basically iPad with keyboard), but I would never buy...
it could not be much, they are not selling many anyway....
The big deal with my job is that I need to be able to download certain files form the internet and get them on my customer's computers for upgrades. I can Wifi tether to my computer to do it, but that cost an extra $25.00 / month and it is a little more annoying. My step father and sister have the HTC thunderbolt and it seem to last all day on a single charge. I think the battery issues have been greately over stated ( Like the antenna issue on the iPhone 4) I also...
This makes sense. Everyone thought that there would be a new model in June so many delayed their purchase, when that did not happen most decide to wait for the new phone since they had already waited this long.... Since the rumors seem to be point to the fact that the new iPhone will not be 4G, I will probably wait and get a new Android phone. ( I live in a good 4G city with Verizon ). I would like to get an iPhone, but it is still missing a few key features that I use...
Verizon's new pricing will probably put a hurting on all of it's smart phone sales....... AT&T will be significantly less expensive with more options.... Verizon's only advantage is that is covers far more of the country with 3G than AT&T....... About 1/3rd of my Sales territory has no AT&T 3G... It is nearly 100% covered by Verizon...