or Connect

Posts by sranger

This actually makes sense to me. Most people on Verizon who have an iPhone are probably first time iPhone users. There did not appear to be a huge number of people dumping AT&T for Verizon who already had an iPhone. As a result, I think the Verizon customers are playing with their "new Toy" more because it is new to them. After the new wears off most people use their smartphone less... Of course this is just an opinion and speculation, but I think it is a...
Unless the Galaxy SII has 4G capability......
I agree... Our only hope is that: Sprint will survive and grow. ( It is possible with this new Verizon pricing ) or Sprint goes under and AT&T Buys T-Moble and the US gov decides to break up ( or regulate ) the resulting 2 carrier monopoly....
Actually, what they have publicly stated is that you can upgrade your phone to a 4G phone without losing your unlimited for $30.00 plan. However, if you add a line ( to a family plan ) or upgrade a feature phone to a smart phone you will lose your unlimited plan. They go further to say that if you already have a 4G phone, you can get unlimited tethering for $30.00 per month.The last part is what caught my eye tough. It said that existing customers would be able to keep...
I do not expect Verizon to allow people to remain on the unlimited plan for more that a year or two. I suspect that as soon as your contract expires, you will be forced to the new plan....
I'll go to Sprint. I am fine with a high end Android phone. I have an original Droid now... I had them for a couple of years. They are ok in my area. Better coverage than AT&T but not as good as Verizon. If Sprint has any sense at all it will launch a massive ad blitz to try and catch a bunch of new smart phone customers....( To be honest I do not think they are that smart)
I agree.... Also to have to pay $20.00 more for tethering is insane.... When they try to force me off my unlimited plan in the future, I will terminate the service...
I agree, but I also think they already have locked down the market for the foreseeable future. Lack of apps ( especially netflix) have really hurt all other competitors...
They would be extremely stupid not to take advantage of the situation as ANY company would....
The WD Green drives are of high quality. They are also energy efficient. This allows them to run cooler than a higher performance 7200 rpm drive like the scorpion series. Heat is the enemy of all electronics. Most "server class" hard drives are higher performance, but they are fan cooled. Most servers sound like jet engines. I currently have a WD Dual 2t raid 1 NAS. It has been flawless for over two years. It is nearly silent. It does not need fans. So, IMHO...