or Connect

Posts by sranger

I wonder how well the base Mini's graphics speed compare to the Nivida in the outgoing model? The Intel Graphics chips have never impressed me much..... I have the latest MBP 13" with the 2.7Ghz i7 processor. The system is very fast, but the integrated Intel Graphics chips really hamper the video performance. My old 2.66Mhz Core Duo with the Nivida GT enabled can easy out pace it when running graphics intensive applications... Maybe that have gotten better lately....
If they had not ditched the DVD Drive I would get one. I use a 2.0Ghz Mini in a Home entertainment center and still have a larger DVD movie library ( And do not want spend countless hours ripping all of the movies ). I wanted to upgrade the Mini in the entertainment center and use the old one as a small Web/FTP server. I know that I could add the external super drive, but that would be one more thing cluttering up my system. In fact that is why I got the 2.0Ghz mini...
I agree.... I wanted 8gb of RAM.... More or less needed in 64 bit OS's these days....
I tought I would add an update.... 1) I fixed the HP Photosmart Premium C310 printer problem. I had to remove all of the software and drivers from the machine and re-install. That seem to clear up the "cannot connect to printer" problem.... I managed to connect to my WD Worldbook II NAS by deleting all key chains and doing a Connect to Server in finder and and entering SMB://"NETWORK NAME OF YOUR NAS"... Thanks God this thing supports the SMB protocol....
!!!! WARNING !!! Two Major problems with Lion and one annoyance: 1) Not compatible wth most NAS drives. Apple added a new APF but did not include backwards compatibility.... ( This is going to be a huge problem ) Apples position is talk your NAS manufacturer into updating their firmware...( Like that is going to happen ) 2) Many Wireless printers are not going to work due to problem #1. My brand new HP Photosmart C310 WILL NOT WORK with Lion. 3) Why in the world...
I am not a fan of losing the Optical Drive. I wanted to upgrade my 2.0Ghz mini with a new on in my entertainment center. ( The old Mini will become a WEB/FTP server ). I still watch a lot of DVD's on the Mini connected to the TV. ( Got Rid of the bulky CD player ) I do not want a super drive adding clutter..... I know a lot of people use these in entertainment centers, I am not sure that not having a Optical drive is a good thing.... I order a 2.66Mhz from the...
I downloaded it this mourning on my MPB 15 and it trashed the hardrive on install. I had to do a clean install and re-format..... Thank god I put all of my files on a NAS drive for safe keeping.... I'll have to re-load VMWare and MS Office, but it won't be that painful.... I have two Mac Minis and one 13" MBP to go.... ( A little more worried ) This was the first Apple update to ever give me trouble......
He does not like to rock the boat and got a dell by default. We ( the engineers ) are required to maintain our own laptops, so conforming to IT was not the issue. I think he was a little embarrassed when it did not work as the 8Gb of RAM and a 64bit OS was my only request. I am very happy with my Macbook Pro. I think more people in the organization will get them now. Many of the sales forces has them as home ( or personal ) computers.... To me, the real game changes is...
This is what I am seeing as well..... For the first time, employees are putting a great deal pf pressure on IT departments to support iPhones and iPads. Most of the executives in our company either have an iPad or are thinking about getting one. I am in engineering sales support and I bought one to better support my customers when I am in the field. Recently another engineer bought one. Our engineering manager is now looking into supplying them to all of the...
At least someone got the humor....