or Connect

Posts by sranger

I disagree, I do not think Apple would be able to legally dictate the price of a service on another platform..... I am pretty sure the fed would have to put a stop to that....Of course, it may just force content providers like Netflix, Hulu, Pandora, etc to simply abandon the iOS platforms....
It will be interesting to see if netflix, Hulu, rhapsody, pandora, etc... Pull out of the market or are forced to add a premium to use their product on apple hardware. I wonder how people would feel if Netflix charged 30% more on say an iPad as they do on an xbox.... I can easily see that happening..... Right or wrong, this makes Apple look very greedy in my opinion.....
Sounds just like drop box. I use it all of the time. I can't see how this could be a patent...
I was all set to get an iPhone on Verizon. I was fed up with the Bugs Google intorduced in Froyo. However, last week a ROM developer came up with a custom Gengerbread ROM ( SS 5.0 ) and it fixed all of the bugs that Google caused in the Froyo ROM's. Motorola finally released a good Sync app for the mac that seamlessly syncs my music, Playlists, Photos and videos between the droid and iTunes. It is actually a little easier to setup than iTunes's native sync... I am...
I think it is a wait and see delay... I have an original Droid on Verizon with about a year left on my contract. It would cost me $700.00 to get an iPhone 4. While the Droid bugs are annoying it is a pretty good phone and can even do a few things that the iPhone cannot do. Mine even has a cracked screen and has been under water once.... The ONLY reason I can tolerate the Droid until a new iPhone comes out is that it is rooted. The rooted ROMS fix most of the problems...
You forgot one.... People who prefer Android because you can do more with it... For example you can USB tether without having to root (jailbreak) the phone for free..... Flash might not be great, but it is nice to use it when the various web sites do not support alternative formats ( like almost every auto site ). I am a car junky...
Well said, he is the visionary at Apple and actually had the power to implement his vision... I wish him and his family well.....
Thank God, I can finally get rid of my buggy Droid phone. The bugs introduced in the Froyo update have annoyed me to no end. The two most annoying ones were: 1) Cannot connect to Infrastructure WiFi.. ( Worked fine on 2.1 ) 2) Ruined AAC+ Streaming over 3G ( Worked fine on 2.1 ) 3) Camera never seems to work correctly. Very buggy and laggy in all Android versions.... I can't wait...
It ceases to be anecdotal when enough test produce the same results... Repeatability is a key aspect of scientific study...
I would not consider a side by side comparison in hundreds of locations to be anecdotal. It is just a fact. I travel all over north Georgia as part of my job. I actually use both devices all of the time at the same location. When you are on a minor interstate coverage is good with AT&T. Ten miles off th interstate in any direction is drops off fast.... More often than not, the Droid can download faster than the iPad when you are roughly ten miles or more out of...