or Connect

Posts by sranger

Well stated....
Exactly, I use Google to sync all of my ontacts and calender betweem my iPad, Macbook Pro, Mac Mini, Androind Droid Phone ( I have to use Verizon ) and my company Dell laptop. It is a great feature that google provides for free. I also use Google Docs and I am trying the beta iWork.com site as well. So, Why pay for Moble ME, when Google sync is free and does everything I need it to do....?
This is just how Google does things.... They cobble a bunch of stuff together. Barly get it to work and release it as a product. After several revisions, it starts to be stable and intutive. Then they come out with an update that add a couple of cool new features, but breaks a bunch of stuff that that was working to start with.... Google obviously has some talanted designers.... The just need a few more engineers and product managers to clean up the crap from the...
That would be handy on the iPad to make a quick confrence calls..... But I doubt that Apple would ever allow that....
Thank god they put a ping kill switch in this version. It was extremely annoying. I finally found a command line to kill it, but it is nice to be gone for good..... Now if we can just get a kill switch for the gapless play back calculation that goes nuts with a library on a NAS drive we will be good to go....
I 100% disagree with your assessment. I have been getting all of my magazine subscriptions from zinio for the last three years. The early browsers were a little difficult to use, but the adobe air app for the Mac is excellent and the zinio app for the iPad is the best I have ever seen for reading magazines.....In fact the zinio app for the iPad is one of the reasons why I decided to go ahead and buy the iPad....To each his own I guess...
I was all set to buy a new MacBook air, but the wife pointed out that my 15" macbook pro would make that a little redundant. So, she talked me into getting an IPad. I got the 64gb 3G version. So far I like it. I do have to admit that it would be a better device if it supported Adobe flash. Many of the web sites that I visit like Edmunds Inside line are not very good without it.... Maybe in a few years more of the web sites will have an alternative to flash. The...
One more thing.... I know that Verizon is losing customers to AT&T. I have three friends who left Verizon simply to get the iPhone... I do not know of a single person who left AT&T just to get a good Android phone ( the AT&T Droids suck ).... The ONLY reason people are on Verizon is that they have a much larger coverage area ( Especially 3G )...
There is a huge pent up demand for a Verizon iPhone. I will probably switch from my Droid to the iPhone ( if any of this is true. I still have my doubts ). I suspect a lot of people currently using a Droid will switch as well. The problem is that the new Android phones are now as locked down as the iPhone. It was the one real reason why someone might want an Android phone over an iPhone. Also the last majoy Androidn Update ( Froyo ) broke several major features. ...
I guess I have not owned a MAC long enough to have to pay for an iLife update...... I have only been using Mac's since June of 2009.....