or Connect

Posts by sranger

I use the google Sky app on my Droid all of the time and really like it. I bought my Niece an iPad and she loves the iPad App. She is vision impaired and for her to be able to see the night sky is a big thrill for her. It is does look better on the 10" screen.....
Is this really big deal? Doubletwist will sync your music, playlists and any non DRM protected videos. I really do not have a problem with my address book and calendar syncing through GMAIL. It works great, it's free, and I have an on-line backup of my contacts and calendar? Actually not having to use iTunes to sync everything with my phone is something i like about my Droid...
1) I NEVER said or implied that the iPhone was doomed. I challenge you to prove other wise... In fact I think it is a very good phone. I simple know that many Android phones are equally as good and certianly as capable. If you read the various post there were infact several people who claimed that Android was doomed. 2) When Android was release obviously many manufactures did not know what hardware was really needed to run the OS efficiently and provide a reason time...
I like Apple product too, but I can see the world without wearing my Apple filtered goggles. I cannot believe that you people really think Android is doomed because of a few little issues here and there ( many of which Apple has to deal with as well ) I have to ask: 1) Do you really think Android is doomed because a few older phones cannot be upgraded to the latest version? 2) Do you really think all Android phones are crap because a few manufactures chose to...
Are you saying that the once a year major update is a faster deployment pace than the Android OS?
So basically because one manufacture made a mistake means that all Android phone are inferior to the iPhone... Is that really your argument???? It does mean that consumers do have to do more research before they buy an Android phone. If they do not want to do so, they probably should buy an iPhone as it is a safer bet.. However, it is NOT obsolete proof....
I call, you update weak because ALL manufactures have to deal with this. Android is updated more often than iOS. There are bound to be manufactures who do not keep up. It is their loss. I do think it was dumb that the streak was released with an older OS, however, that was Dell's fault, Not Android or Google. One mistake by a manufacturer does not mean that NO android phones are not equal to the iPhone. That argument is just silly.
It is horrible... Oh the humanitity... I have to develop code for varying platforms.... This has never happened in the past. I do not have to worry about iPhone vs iPhone 3G vs iPhone 4.... No they all compile and run exactly the same.... P.S. The streak will be updated to 2.2 in a month or so, so I would not lose too much sleep over it...
Yea, why would a developer be interested in developing an app for a few million smart phone users...... Especially when you have to hit a few buttons to upgrade your app ever six months or so....
The Dell Streak will be update very soon. My Droid is running the latest Android OS. It's hardware might not be up to the task of the next update howeve, but that is natural in all electronic devices. Of course older phones will reach an end of life where their hardware can no longer support a new OS. Do you really think this is a new concept? That is just common sense. Do you really think the original iPhone will continue to get the latest new OS indefinitely? Does...