or Connect

Posts by sranger

Stunts like this are a sign of desperation......Period....
Trying to predict a market that moves this fast any more that a few months out is pointless... I'll make my own guesses and we will see how they pan out... 1) RIM is preferred on the corporate level and this will support their current market share. I do not see this changing in the next few years.... 2) iOS is growing strong and is very profitable. I do not see this changing in the next few years. 3) Android is growing strong and is making a lot of money for several...
I typed a quick 3 page document on the iPad and I found the keyboard quite usable.... In face it was better than many laptops I have used over the years... I do think it works better with a case that can tilt it at angle....
I prefer VMWare Fusion. I have to run windows for my work ( all software is on windows ). I use VMWare Fusion 3.1 and it runs great. There was a big speed bump with 3.1 compared to the older versions. I mainly use Fusion because I can share images with my PC based work computers that also run VMWare without hving to covert them. If Parallels is truly 30% faster than Fusion 3.1 ( I doubt ) it would be impressive indeed. I think Parallels is comparing their latest...
I agree... The key is a good server app combined with a good iPad app... I have talked to ACP about making a ThinClient for the iPad.....
That is a lot of freaking iPads...... However, I think that estimate might be a little low... I think the iPad is going to find more of a home in corporate America, Hospitals, and government that the mac ever has. Since is has very little security risk, I think more IT departments are going to accept it... If someone ever developed an app for hospitals so that the patients records, x-rays, etc.. can be sent via Wifi to an iPad, I think this alone would make the 28...
I use the google Sky app on my Droid all of the time and really like it. I bought my Niece an iPad and she loves the iPad App. She is vision impaired and for her to be able to see the night sky is a big thrill for her. It is does look better on the 10" screen.....
Is this really big deal? Doubletwist will sync your music, playlists and any non DRM protected videos. I really do not have a problem with my address book and calendar syncing through GMAIL. It works great, it's free, and I have an on-line backup of my contacts and calendar? Actually not having to use iTunes to sync everything with my phone is something i like about my Droid...
1) I NEVER said or implied that the iPhone was doomed. I challenge you to prove other wise... In fact I think it is a very good phone. I simple know that many Android phones are equally as good and certianly as capable. If you read the various post there were infact several people who claimed that Android was doomed. 2) When Android was release obviously many manufactures did not know what hardware was really needed to run the OS efficiently and provide a reason time...
I like Apple product too, but I can see the world without wearing my Apple filtered goggles. I cannot believe that you people really think Android is doomed because of a few little issues here and there ( many of which Apple has to deal with as well ) I have to ask: 1) Do you really think Android is doomed because a few older phones cannot be upgraded to the latest version? 2) Do you really think all Android phones are crap because a few manufactures chose to...