or Connect

Posts by sranger

Are you saying that the once a year major update is a faster deployment pace than the Android OS?
So basically because one manufacture made a mistake means that all Android phone are inferior to the iPhone... Is that really your argument???? It does mean that consumers do have to do more research before they buy an Android phone. If they do not want to do so, they probably should buy an iPhone as it is a safer bet.. However, it is NOT obsolete proof....
I call, you update weak because ALL manufactures have to deal with this. Android is updated more often than iOS. There are bound to be manufactures who do not keep up. It is their loss. I do think it was dumb that the streak was released with an older OS, however, that was Dell's fault, Not Android or Google. One mistake by a manufacturer does not mean that NO android phones are not equal to the iPhone. That argument is just silly.
It is horrible... Oh the humanitity... I have to develop code for varying platforms.... This has never happened in the past. I do not have to worry about iPhone vs iPhone 3G vs iPhone 4.... No they all compile and run exactly the same.... P.S. The streak will be updated to 2.2 in a month or so, so I would not lose too much sleep over it...
Yea, why would a developer be interested in developing an app for a few million smart phone users...... Especially when you have to hit a few buttons to upgrade your app ever six months or so....
The Dell Streak will be update very soon. My Droid is running the latest Android OS. It's hardware might not be up to the task of the next update howeve, but that is natural in all electronic devices. Of course older phones will reach an end of life where their hardware can no longer support a new OS. Do you really think this is a new concept? That is just common sense. Do you really think the original iPhone will continue to get the latest new OS indefinitely? Does...
What???? Android is updated at least as often than iOS. That does not make any sense..... I am pretty sure that telcom companies know about Google unless they have been under a rock for the last few year.... Again , that does not make any sense....
Like it or not, Android phones are equal to the iPhone in functionality. I have an old Droid ( I have to use Verizon ) and it does almost everything the current iPhone 4 does and it is a year old now. I have several friends that have iPhones so we compare the phones on a regular basis. The new front facing camera in the iPhone 4 is a nice option and the screen is a little nicer. I have a Macbook Pro and a couple of Mac Minis. I really wanted an iPhone and though I...
Looks pretty nice.... It is a shame that the rest of the web does not seem all that interested in moving to HTML5 at this time....
I honestly thought I wanted an iPhone when my company forced us to buy individual plans and gave us a monthly allowance for our phones. I have a Macbook Pro and two mac Minis. However, I have to use Verizon because three counties that I cover in North/central Georgia have NO 3G coverage with AT&T. It is that simple.... I also need to occasionally tether my phone to my Laptop as part of my work. As near as I can tell you can't do that with an iPhone without jail...