or Connect

Posts by sranger

1-2 USB ports, Ethernet port built in, displayport out and 4gb of ram and I would buy one....
While the iPad is far to limited in capability for my use, I bought one for my niece. She has a vision impairment and has trouble reading books. She found the books and web sites much easier to read with the iPad than a laptop because she can hold it closer to her eyes and also the zoom and pan work great. She is about to be home schooled and I got her the 3G version as her parents will be traveling a lot ( due to work ). It will keep her connected to family and...
I'll be ordering two of these at the end of the month. I have tested the N1 and the iPhone side by side and simply prefer the N1. The screen resolution is a big factor. I need to surf several on-line knowledge bases ( for Work ) and the N1 wins at this hands down over the iPhone. I was not thrilled about using T Mobile. Thankfully it is now available ( as of today ) for the AT&T 3G network. I am still hoping that it is available on Verizon before April 6th ( when I...
You may be right, but I have read many reports about this and did some rather dry reading on the claims themselves. At some point, you simply have to call them as you see them. I simply disagree with Apple on this one. Apple has the legal right to do what ever it wants and I have the right to decide if I want to spend any of my money on their products as a result of their actions. I am sure that my opinion is in the minority on this site, but I bet a lot of consumers...
It would be nice is Apple did listen to these types of discussions, but I doubt that they do.... I am not picking on Apple here, I doubt any company really listens to it's customers...
I have thought a lot about this law suit and I finally decided that I am against Apple on this one. While I think they have the right to defend their patents ( I Own a couple of my own), I do not think they have the right to try and destroy cometition with strong arm tactics. The part that gets me is how they went to the ITC and are trying to halt the import of a competors product BEFORE they have their day in court to try and defent their patents. This seem more like...
These claims are a stupid as the ones Apple made against HTC.... Both should be thrown out, but as the old saying goes... "It is a court of law, justice has nothing to do with it."
I agree, the Backflip is one of the worst Android phones on the market. In my opinion ( I said opinion) AT&T selected it to fail so as not to piss off Apple.... I do wonder is Apple is going to sue Motorola... I suspect that is a hornet's nest they do not want to hit...
That would be one heck of a good move by Google. ( I doubt that they have the balls to do it ) Apple has most likely violated some of these silly types of patents that Palm owns. I also suspect that is why Apple did not sue Motorola. I'll bet they could file a few suits against Apple as well. I am not saying the suits would ( or would not ) be valid, but they would probably be as valid as the claims made by Apple against HTC....One more thing to note here. Currently...
The whole point in all of this will be to determin if the patents are enforcable. Many patents are not enforcable or are easly worked around. I read the 20 patent claims. Some are very weak and probably wont stand up in court. A couple might have more teeth... In general the more specific the patent the harder it is to enforce or the easier it is to work around. A more general patent is typically easier to prove, but one that is to general start to fall in the...