or Connect

Posts by sranger

And this is why having to have an app to view a Web site content is a bad idea..... Actually this makes sense for Hulu... Apple customers are used to paying too much for everything... Nothing new to see here....
I guess it must be the older macs that had all of these problems..... The little MacMini 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM seems to play all of the Hi def video I want from Hulu, ABC, NBC, CBS, Edmunds Auto, etc just fine. I do run Firefox and not Safari... Maybe that has something to do with it as well..... I did not convert to a Mac until June of this year. I guess coming from the PC side, I never gave flash a second thought. I almost always just worked. When I switched to the Mac...
First, Flash workes very well on both my Macbook Pro and on my Mac Mini. I have virtually no problems and I am using the Flash 10.1 beta. Second, Do you really think that a switch to HTML5 would is any way change the annoying ads? All that would happen is the ads would switch from Flash to HTML5 so this argument is a moot point...Period... I really do not understand why all of the Apple fan boys hate Flash so badly... I think it works just fine on my...
Keep in mind that Ballmer said the OS would be ready for the holiday season, but he did not say what year....... MS has NEVER hit a release date for a new OS. So, there is zero chance this OS will hit the public market by December. The new phone OS will arrive some time late in 2011 and should be bug tolerable by say 2012. However, as fast as Android is growing, I think the Win Mobile 7 OS will be irrelevant and more or less replaced by the time it is...
I think that Android is the biggest threat to the iPhone.... While I do not think Apple will lose any market share, I think 2010 will be a good year for Android phones... I have to get a new phone in April and i'll probably get the Nexus One unless something better shows up.... I tried to like the iPhone, but it is just not for me....
I can see a battery issue on the phones and possibly the iPad. I can only stream 480p from Hulu for about 3.5hours on my Macbook Pro 2.66 with the GT card turned off. If I turn the GT card on it drops to about 2hr. If I just do normal web surfing with the occasional Flash video it last for about 5hr. I have noticed that the fan in my Little MacMini (2Ghz 2GB of Ram ) never turns on when I am simply playing Flash content from Hulu, ABC, CBS, etc... I have it hooked...
My point is that Apple is pushing H.264 and HTML5, but as a solution, they will still require proprietary software to stream video. I know that the group that owns the patents has extended the no fee use of H.264 for about five years. My guess is that is about how long it will take for the wide spread adoption of HTML5 and H.264 to take place. Then my guess is that the group will then say that all sites using H.264 must stop using the technology or pay their fee... We...
Lets be honest and fair both ways. The iPhone and iPod Touch were never billed as the best web experience ever. Without Flash support, I think a lot of people will be disappointed at the web experience with the iPad based on how it is advertised. Also, I do not like having to run a special app to see the web's video content. With an app, the author ( or approval agent ) can limit what can and can't be seen by the end user. Not a move in the right direction in my...
Well, to be fair Apple swiped the idea for the Mouse and GUI from Zerox.... Also Apple pushed hard for FireWire to be the serial bus standard and only widely adopted USB when it became obvious that it was going to be the dominate serial bus.
Neither Gates or Jobs is much of an engineer or designer. They are excellent business men who saw an opportunity and put together a team of people with the necessary skills to take advantage of the opportunity. With their success they gained enough money and power to have the ability to get more of their ideas out to the public. Some were hits, some were not. I think the iPad will be a successful product. I am not sure it will be revolutionary in any way, but I...