or Connect

Posts by H2P

Yes, exactly... CurrentC does not collect from ANY OTHER APPS! This is a big difference and the main reason that stores want to keep "CC," collecting your data. From BestBuy/Walmart/et al's POV I understand -- Not from my POV though. Enough of the incessent marketing from collecting my data. (I'm reminded of a previous AI story about the EU and privacy -- re: Google searches -- that the individual has the right to privacy even if the search results are "good.")
Ahh, I was hopeful when I first heard about Mail Drop, that it would work regardless of mail provider because of the OS. Seems I'm wrong. Mail Drop works with Apple emails only, yes?   EDIT: From the Yosimite page "When you’re signed in to iCloud, Mail Drop lets you send large files like videos, presentations, even a folder of images without having to worry about your service provider’s limitations." Sounds like, we CAN use Mail Drop from any service provider!
A definite +1 for this, InteliusQ!! I was "certain" that Bose settled to Keep their product in Apple stores. I'd like to know what sort of deal was made, if any. Did Apple pay to break a contract with Bose or is there no strings keeping the two together? I could see an arrangement where Apple would pay for "damages" to their IP and then notify them that their product is out of Apple Stores. If Apple did pay, they are a hellava more upfront than Samedung (dragging out IP...
Anyone know about when the public beta of Photos will begin? Can't rewatch the keynote just now... did Tim mention a date?
Hmm. It may have been the rumor that had Bose "give in." We know how long patent suits can go on à la Samsung. (I believe that Samsung earned $8 billion in the time it took them to lose $1 billion in a lawsuit -- even that got knocked down.) i'm thinking that Bose knew how much money they could make by having their items in Apple stores.
FWIW - 2007 Prius & iP6 connected 1st time (had to enter the connect code for the new hardware). But, I have not been able to get my iPhone5 (or 6) to play music through BT. Hardwire works fine. What am I doing wrong?
  Lie lie lie lie -- Liar you lie Lie lie lie lie lie Tell me why -- Tell me why  Why d'you have to lie Should've realized that you Should've told the truth Should've realized you know what I'll do You're in suspension you're a liar Now I wanna know -- now I wanna know --  Why you never look me in the face Broke a confidence just to please your ego Should've realized you know what I know I know where you go everybody you know I know...
Apple should only be worried about the perception fostered all the way down to every local tv news broadcast (in my local Chicago and nationwide). When I showed off my iPhone6 literally 98% of the people (many Mac and/or iPhone users) asked if it bent easily. Jeez! When I explained that the bent phone was 'abused' and that there were only 9 known cases of bending I got the universal look of "ahh, figures... overblown news reports." Just looked it up... as of a couple of...
I agree with your speculation of an iMac (Retina) Pro. I wouldn't be suprised if a version of the current line up was speed-bumped and another iMacPro catagory was added. I would go with this 5K model (although I know many of my MacFriends couldn't care less). iMacPro @ $2,499 with the others the same, except they delete the higher end BTO machines for iMP.
Huh non-story? You don't believe the Chinese gov't has worked to slow down the launch of iPhone 6 in China?