or Connect

Posts by H2P

Excellent point, only offering the free version via the AppStore. I still take issue with Apple getting a cut of an ongoing subscription forever. I can see a "finders fee" of 30% for 6 months or a year. Perhaps a few percent a month when Apple collects the monthly fee – absolutely appropriate. Sure, you can argue that Apple asks and the seller can take it or leave it. Yup, I got it. That's business. IMHO, It still doesn't justify the logic of Apple getting a cut ad...
 I believe that day is here. In the Zimmerman (Trayvon Martin) trial, the prosecutions' star witness testified that "I don't understand um, cursive. I don't read cursive" regarding a letter that she claimed to "write" about the incident. Granted she is pretty young, at under 20, I believe.  (1:47 video & story: http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-witness-threw-punch/story?id=19504826) I'm in my 50's and use a hybrid in my work as a designer. For other writing (book...
Good point. Also, AppleWatch is 'secondary device technology' at this point. I don't expect iPhone-like sales. Once I imagine an AppleWatch+ in a few years – it will have many more stand alone features to warrent closer to iPhone-like sales.
Please remember the tablet market before iPad (including items like the Mac Tablet – a powerbook with touchscreen overlay – sold by OWC). They were selling in miniscule numbers but there still was a "market." iPad was predicted to sell between 1 and 3 million it's first year (which was 'crushing' the competition). According to Statistica.com they sold north of 7.5 million (I thought it was 15 million)...
I just read the USA Today Money story "Analyst: Apple Watch selling worse than thought" that included the line about a drop in the estimated sales from 11 million to 10.5 million. (http://americasmarkets.usatoday.com/2015/07/01/apple-watch-selling-worse-than-thought/)  THEN the story follows this up with "That might not sound like much of a reduction, but he warns the bigger letdown will come next fiscal year due to 'soft follow-on sales.' The analyst says the company will...
...and what blog would that be? AppleInsider? As though NO ONE reads AI?
Thanks for the post & the link. According to the articles Spotify payout amount of .0013¢ per stream... Taylor Swift would have to have roughly 4.6+ Billion streams to make $6 million. Likewise, the Bette Midler example of $114 for 4 million streams is her portion of $5,600 paid out by Spotify. Damn, you really do have to have a (large) boat load of streams to make money. Am I correct that Apple's 71.5/28.5 split is on Subscription Revenue & iTunes Sales? How the hell are...
Right on... I noticed that phrase, too. MS has been more interested in cash than getting their product OUT of BETA before they release them!!
Thank you, this illuminates the issue perfectly.