or Connect

Posts by H2P

Thank you, Phone-UI-Guy. A well reasoned, convincing point you've made – that, for me, presents a true path to minority success, albeit in a generation. I'll see if I can find the source material for the story about a school that requires all (or most) students to take a programming class in the 6th grade. Technology dependance is already here (especially with the Millennial Generation on down) – at least dip your toe in test the programming waters. I'm an artist and as a...
BMW i3: http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/content/vehicles/2014/bmwi/default.aspx#introMercedes B-Class: http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/future/model/model-B_Class_Electric_DriveMercedes Fuel Cell B-Class: http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/benz/green/electric_car...etc... But having said that, I, personally, am not into a short range vehicle. Where does the electricity come from anyway? And, as "mdriftmeyer" said: "Musk is looking to dump his company." Take some profits in the next...
The only part of the closing that I'm "troubled" by is the part about the Bay Area being beautiful. True but useless information. The rest was absolutely spot on. Especially the last paragraph about no tv manufacturers... Yikes. It sounds as tho the Judge might think that Samsung has a legitimate point. Why in the world would Samsung include the last paragraph in their appeal for a mistrial on prejudice? Isn't this the trial where Samsung began by admitting they stole the...
iPad 1 was proof of concept! Damn, what's your problem? Yes, it's limited... Mine is topped out at iOS 5. Apps I can't use from my iPhone5 and iPadMini. Otherwise perfectly fine for browsing the internet/reading articles, reading iBooks and using Pages, etc.
That would be a very smart move. New, refined case, faster processor and more storage. Same price. I believe that would move the needle. Thoughts?
Absolutely +1. Thank you for making this distinction, Pontavignon! Apple patriating profits into the US (thus paying "heavy" taxes) is a source of many embarrassing and ill informed comments about Apple being a tax avoider. Companies like Apple are under Zero obligation to bring cash earned overseas to the US. Although some Co's don't have ready money for expansion and may do it. Read the Appleinsider stories about the sound logic behind Apple borrowing to do a stock buy...
1) You are at odds with Steve Jobs. He thought that Google pilfered iPhone.2) Industry Leaders & Friends attended SJ's funeral. Zero connection in my mind (AI freak).3) That was the first (joke) thing that came to my mind when reading the headline... help steal tech.. But, hey, this isn't an actual Google endeavor.
This is the essential question: Is Apple waiting too long to have a phone at moderate pricing $499US MAX. I'd like Apple to price the 5c in China at least as "low" as $549. Perhaps that's going too far to favor one country like that - but make some concession in China since they are manufactured there (yes?) and Apple is paying Chinese wages. Getting locked into the Android ecosystem or the Apple ecosystem is a powerful deterrent to switching. The longer I have my...
Thank you for the quote, Dick! I'm stealing it (even if it's been around for years). Re: Apple & the Chinese Gov't phone company. China Mobile's unit sales will only be a problem if Apple gets addicted to the chinese profits... hmm, pretty likely that Apple will be influenced. We'll see, but I'm thinking that the iPhone 5C shows that C.M. is already exerting it's clout. With 740+ million subscribers (300+ smartphones I believe), it's an obvious move. We all know that in...
Thanks for posting the trailer, Marvin.   edit: Whoa. I missed that it's 1.31 gigs. Hmm a bit hefty for my little 16gb machine.