or Connect

Posts by sip

It's Number 15 at IMDB (which doesn't take into account guy-ness).
Are you one of those uninvited SMS-marketers?
If a plain clock face is worth £21million, how much is of Apple's own icons worth? All the icons in iOS must be worth billions.   Apple should have stuck their logo on the end of the second-hand, with the Apple turning and remaining right-way-up as the seconds ticked away. Now that would have been worth many millions.
Laurene Powell Jobs saw a car, and knowing it was a foreign little number, asked whether it was Italian or British (the only two countries who know how to make unreliable cars). Once she got her answer, she knew who to call. No big deal.
Steve Jobs had a certain personality and character that he could be hands-on -- there is no-one at Apple who has that. SJ also had charisma, and I'm sure some of his teams would have been willing to make big sacrifices for him and Apple. Forstall doesn't have that and can't emulate SJ. Look at all the Keynotes where Forstall was asked to demo features -- I always thought he was far from relaxed, not a natural in front of his peers or journalists and certainly rubbed-me...
I wonder how many of that 4million was pre-installed at the factory by the likes of HP, Dell, Gateway, blah-blah? I seem to recall that when Windows7 came out, all the PC manufacturers were told they could not pre-install WindowsXP at the risk of losing their licences to Windows. My Boot Camp partition had WinXP on it until I did a clean install of Mountain Lion.
Steve Jobs had a certain personality and character that he could be hands-on -- there is no-one at Apple who has that. SJ also had charisma, and I'm sure some of his teams would have been willing to make big sacrifices for him and Apple. Forstall doesn't have that and can't emulate SJ. Look at all the Keynotes where he was asked to demo features -- I always thought he was far from relaxed, not a natural in front of his peers or journalists and certainly rubbed-me off the...
I'm thinking of getting a 32GB WiFi+3G White iPad-mini to go with the first-gen iPad.   Unfortunately, Apple's 14-day no quibble return policy means that a certain percentage of orders will be to people who will have no intention of keeping the iPad-mini. Having said that, I bought my 1st-gen iPad thinking if it wasn't to my liking I would just return it. Decided within one hour to keep it.     The family is complete: iPad 4 = Daddy iOS device; iP4/S & iPT =...
I read a lot, on a Sony eBook, the iPad and iPhone. Where the ipad wins hands down is being able to display two side-by-side pages just like a real book. I have a couple of 3rd-party apps which do that on the iPhone, but then I would need a huge magnifying glass to read the pages.   Given that the wife and the grandkid now keep walking away with the iPad, i was hoping to get an iPad-mini but got told a couple of days ago by the wife that if one more Apple product...
The entire population of the world is 7 billion and total mobile subscriptions amount to 6 billion, 1 billion of which are smartphones.   How many underaged kids are using mobile phones?