or Connect

Posts by sip

My own feeling is that the target audience isn't the "I want a smaller iPad" but the "I-want-a-bigger-iPod Touch-that isn't-an-iPad".   I always turn-up on time for my medical appointments but find that the surgery/clinic/hospital is always running 20-30 minutes late. My iPhone just isn't the best device for reading, and I don't want to be toting the iPad around, so iPad-mini would be ideal for me.
Moving from Intel to AMD doesn't make sense unless Apple licences the AMD tech in the way it does ARM chips. Apple is able to take the ARM chips (Apple once owned a percentage of ARM) and change/improve on the design through it own in-house chip-design facility which employs some brilliant minds (these people must be frustrated knowing that they can produce better silicon than what is out there).   Intel and Apple do not share the same roadmap. Just like Flash...
There are a lot of different companies who have different FRAND patents which go towards making-up wireless technology. If Apple, because of its success, was forced to pay 2.5% of the average selling price of each unit sold to each of these companies, Apple's profit margins would probably reduce to (or very close to) single-digits.   How much technology a company owns is neither here nor there if you do nothing with that tech -- the iPhone made people want to own a...
Is it OK to comment on the actual content of this topic? Yeah?   I assume that the contract between Apple and Google regarding Google as the default search engine in iOS/OSX is being re-negotiated. And with iOS, Apple can do to search what it has done to YouTube and Maps -- force users to use Safari for Google search. Such a move by Apple could have some adverse effect on Google. Google compromises by withdrawing certain complaints.   Or...   Google/Motorola...
You've lost the battle and the war when all you've got left if attacking your competitor's products rather than touting your own.
Steve Jobs advised his team: "after I'm dead, don't ask yourselves what Steve would do", and Cook simply followed this advice. This is one instance when he should have ignored SJ's advice and not issued an apology. Every change is painful and it will take time getting used to the new Maps app. I have tried setting up different routes in Maps, and they all match my go-to satnav app, Navigon, producing the same alternative routes and the same road choices.   Cook's...
Most definitely a troll...... I think these guys got their companies mixed-up: that drawing looks more like the original Excel than Numbers. In fact, the only similarity with any Apple product is that it looks more Mac OS 6-ish than it does Windows. Apple should sue this company for copying Apple's IP.
O2 in the UK unlocked my iPhone 3GS in the same way -- once they had processed my request, i received an SMS telling me to insert a SIM from another network in the phone and connecting it to iTunes. My bro-in-law also had his 3GS unlocked in the same way, and son did the same with his iP4.   These were all phones on contract and all that was required was that we continued to meet our contractual obligation. Apple supplied phones charged at full price are always...
  You did mean IF and not when, right?
Is this thread about the stolen iPhones or about Apple-vs-Samsung (+other Android vendors)? I would hope that I am either a serious contributor here or sometimes attempt some funny comments (many of which probably just fall flat). Having said that, my first thought was: how come we don't see many reports of non-Apple phones being stolen?   The fact is that iPhones are desirable and people will buy stolen phones, knowingly or unknowingly -- it's the same as the legitimate...