or Connect

Posts by sip

Is it OK to comment on the actual content of this topic? Yeah?   I assume that the contract between Apple and Google regarding Google as the default search engine in iOS/OSX is being re-negotiated. And with iOS, Apple can do to search what it has done to YouTube and Maps -- force users to use Safari for Google search. Such a move by Apple could have some adverse effect on Google. Google compromises by withdrawing certain complaints.   Or...   Google/Motorola...
You've lost the battle and the war when all you've got left if attacking your competitor's products rather than touting your own.
Steve Jobs advised his team: "after I'm dead, don't ask yourselves what Steve would do", and Cook simply followed this advice. This is one instance when he should have ignored SJ's advice and not issued an apology. Every change is painful and it will take time getting used to the new Maps app. I have tried setting up different routes in Maps, and they all match my go-to satnav app, Navigon, producing the same alternative routes and the same road choices.   Cook's...
Most definitely a troll...... I think these guys got their companies mixed-up: that drawing looks more like the original Excel than Numbers. In fact, the only similarity with any Apple product is that it looks more Mac OS 6-ish than it does Windows. Apple should sue this company for copying Apple's IP.
O2 in the UK unlocked my iPhone 3GS in the same way -- once they had processed my request, i received an SMS telling me to insert a SIM from another network in the phone and connecting it to iTunes. My bro-in-law also had his 3GS unlocked in the same way, and son did the same with his iP4.   These were all phones on contract and all that was required was that we continued to meet our contractual obligation. Apple supplied phones charged at full price are always...
  You did mean IF and not when, right?
Is this thread about the stolen iPhones or about Apple-vs-Samsung (+other Android vendors)? I would hope that I am either a serious contributor here or sometimes attempt some funny comments (many of which probably just fall flat). Having said that, my first thought was: how come we don't see many reports of non-Apple phones being stolen?   The fact is that iPhones are desirable and people will buy stolen phones, knowingly or unknowingly -- it's the same as the legitimate...
Google Maps -- the agreement between Apple & Google was up for renewal this year, and obviously the terms were not acceptable to either or both of the parties involved. So Apple must have been left in a position of having no Maps app or developing its own version using non-Google sources. Had Apple chosen to abandon Maps altogether, the outcry would have been far worse -- better to have a mostly usable app than no app at all.   I can remember when Google Maps &...
The court & lawyers' fees will probably be more than buying the same songs three times over...
If Apple were not granted patents or licensed patents to other phone manufacturers, we'd soon become clone-using clones.   If I wanted the Samsung or Nokia experience, I would have bought one of their phones. I want my iPhone to be different from my neighbour's Samsung, which is running on Android 1.6 or 2.2 or something (definitely not the latest OS) -- I want a new OS every year so that new capabilities can be added.