or Connect

Posts by sip

If I manufacture some product and each one costs me £5, why should I be forced to sell that product for less to a retailer, and what gives the retailer (even a monopoly one) the right to demand price-setting rights for my product at less than it costs me to make? I might as well close-up shop and go home (probably make more money by selling any patents I may have for that product).   That is how Walmart got rich, and this is how Amazon pulls you into its eStore....
Negotiations for the licensing deal between Apple & Microsoft must have started when Steve Jobs was still around and I would have thought that once bitten, Apple would be twice shy. Not so, it appears. This deal must be tied down really tight as the first one, which allowed MS to basically copy Mac OS (pre-OS X) was so loosely worded that Apple ended up losing its legal wars.   Apple will never again give away its technology by loosely worded contracts, and will...
It's to stop Samsung from copying the plug...
Samsung's legal team is fighting dirty and trying to confuse the jury. My take on this is that they're either pushing for mistrial or laying the grounds for appeal. The late submissions, "answering media queries" (they claim they didn't leak the rejected submissions to the media), the irrelevant objections, etc are all designed to get Judge Koh's back up (notice how all the Samsungites hailed her as the best judge when she recently rule for Samsung, now these same people...
What I want is an Apple Maps app for Mac OS X all tied up in iCloud and appearing on all my devices -- just like Safari Tabs in iOS6 & Mountain Lion will work.
People tend to forget that Apple isn't just about external aesthetics -- the stuff you hold and see. Apple designs its own motherboards, daughterboards, chips, batteries and and other components. Sure, Apple takes existing technology (e.g. batteries) and then remoulds it until it becomes unique. Take the Magic Mouse -- I noticed that both batteries face the same direction, positive one end & negative contacts the other (+/-) (+/-). Everyone else has their batteries in...
This guy is unbelievable. Some of Samsung's product look almost like Apple's products, and we now learn that people have been returning their Samsung products simply because they are not iDevices like they thought.   And what about Samsung wanting more from Apple than other device manufacturers, in licensing fees for FRAND patents?   This whole lawsuit goes well beyond rectangles and Samsung knows it -- I think the set backs they've suffered so far has led to a...
And that is exactly what Apple is doing... innovating. The sad part is that if Samsung & others did their own R&D and innovating, Apple wouldn't have to spend a lot of time & money protecting those same innovations which cost far more than what it costs to defend & protect.
The Apple QuickTake is one of the first consumer digital camera lines. It was launched in 1994 by Apple Computer   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_QuickTake   Apple may reasonably have a claim against Kodak for both Apple technology and joint research. Apple should just buy Kodak outright and acquire all Kodak's patents (without prejudice to avoid anyone trying to claw back licence fees paid to Kodak in the past).
Some of the shame I felt at being a Brit (after the Judge made that stupid order) is now lifting. Let's hope his peers in a higher court order Birss to apologise to Apple.