or Connect

Posts by sip

And that is exactly what Apple is doing... innovating. The sad part is that if Samsung & others did their own R&D and innovating, Apple wouldn't have to spend a lot of time & money protecting those same innovations which cost far more than what it costs to defend & protect.
The Apple QuickTake is one of the first consumer digital camera lines. It was launched in 1994 by Apple Computer   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_QuickTake   Apple may reasonably have a claim against Kodak for both Apple technology and joint research. Apple should just buy Kodak outright and acquire all Kodak's patents (without prejudice to avoid anyone trying to claw back licence fees paid to Kodak in the past).
Some of the shame I felt at being a Brit (after the Judge made that stupid order) is now lifting. Let's hope his peers in a higher court order Birss to apologise to Apple.
Samsung is very popular in "third-world countries", where they are sold at ridiculous prices, nowhere near what they sell for in the "developed countries". Samsung probably has to sell 2 or 3 phones for every iPhone sold (when these are available -- a lot of African countries for example, don't have iPhone stores) because the plastic-crap that Samsung makes are not very durable and don't last very long, so replacements/upgrades are common place.   A lot of posters...
  Haven't we heard this "amazing new products" song a few times already? As far as I can tell, the only really "new product" coming out of Apple in the last year is the new Retina Macbook. All the others were just improvements to existing products.
That amount should cover the cost to Apple for Samsung's 3G FRAND patents incurred thus far and possibly for the next few years.
I have the same problem-- my default for the entire life of Safari has been Lucida Grande and Monaco. I think that we're going to have to use Style Sheets for this. PITA!
So, how many people are going to be confused by household chemicals like detergents and toothpaste and a computer OS?   Toothpaste/detergent powered Macs coming to a Chinese store near you...
So, the version after Jelly Bean is going to be Butter Bean?
It isn't all bad news for Apple, given that Motorola first sued Apple and Apple retaliated by countersuing Motorola, so you could argue that this is a (sort of) victory for Apple.   The only prejudice I see here has come from Posner, no matter how well or highly he is regarded. He comes across as very arrogant and anti-Apple.