or Connect

Posts by sip

Hasn't this topic already been beaten to death? Every few months someone somewhere (pundits, analist, CEO's) say Android is going to beat-up on iOS, but it hasn't happened yet. Michael Dell's comment about shutting Apple down and giving money back to investors should be on every CEO's desk to remind them to refrain from making comments that will bite them in the ass, 6 months or even ten years from now. Having said that, Schmidt wasn't going to call Android a PoS,...
IIRC, Assange was pursued by two women who were totally infatuated with the guy and wanted to have sex with him. They met and had consensual sex and Assange actually used a condom. They then fell asleep, and during the middle of the night Assange got horny and they went at it again, except being randy and half asleep makes you forget to put on that all-important condom (there was even one report that said Assange used a condom but it split during sex). What do they do...
"Over the years, people discovered the e-mail address of Jobs" I always thought that SJ or Apple actually gave out his email address, it wasn't like some state secret or anything. Anyway, this book is what I call "steveploitation" -- during his lifetime he would probably have sued this author and said "over my dead body" and that is exactly what is happening. Bad taste and Greed know no boundaries.
Apple needs just a little bit of competition in the tablet market just to avoid the DoJ... Amazon just stepped up to the plate.
All the talk about size, and someone's girlfriend actually preferring 7" to 9.7"... There isn't a mobile OS as polished as iOS out there but as a Mac user, I am seriously looking at the 11" Macbook Air.
Same applies here
No problems in the UK. My one gripe is the missing "Turn OFF 3G" feature in iOS + iPhone4S -- it is still available in iOS5 on 3GS and iPhone4.
Too many haters. Whatever you say about him, the vast majority of intelligent human beings recognised the guy as a genius who revolutionised the tech industry and contributed his own personal touch to Apple's products. I wonder how many people here have even had a slightly dim idea, never mind the bright/brilliant ones that jobs had and brought to fruition. After all, he gave us products we didn't even know we needed. BTW, the Newton was never "Sculley's Newton"...
I don't like Google, but I can understand that Android users just don't have the kind of service provided by Apple via iTunes for iOS and iPod devices. This is for hard-core Android-lovers/Apple-haters who won't ever buy an Apple product. It's not the end of the world, as I can't see Apple users suddenly switching to Android just to get their tunes off of Google's service even if Google subsidises the cost of each track -- at the end of the day Google still exists to...
When I bought my 8-core Mac Pro 2008, it came pre-installed with Leopard. I downgraded the OS to Tiger** -- the biggest problem I encountered was the lack of graphics drivers -- moving Finder windows was sluggish and left trails across the screen, but everything else ran fine. Why am I writing about Tiger and Leopard? Well, when Snow Leopard came along, I jumped on the upgrade and actually queued up for it, I was that keen on moving on. Not so with Lion -- I ran...