or Connect

Posts by EWTHeckman

Two guys in a garage would do a better job. (Smaller teams, especially one person, tend to produce more consistent software. Plus they tend to be hungry and anxious for their work to succeed.) It takes a committee to screw it up that bad.
CardDAV and CalDAV are definitely not supported in this version. In fact, one of their support people said it would be at least a couple of years if they do it at all. (In other news, Microsoft has designed a spacecraft which saves weight by doing away with oxygen systems for the passenger compartment.)   Someone else also noted that it doesn't have scripting, which means that SpamSieve can't work.   When you add up all the new stuff plus these, the new version earns a...
Nope. CardDAV and CalDAV are definitely not supported. In fact, one of their support people said it would be at least a couple of years if they do it at all. (In other news, Microsoft has designed a spacecraft which saves weight by doing away with oxygen systems for the passenger compartment.) Someone else also noted that it doesn't have scripting, which means that SpamSieve can't work. When you add up all the new stuff plus these, the new version earns a rating of -3 of...
Have you noticed that those complaining most about the Confederate flag show their displeasure by burning it the US flag? I'll take "Things that make you go Hmmmmm…" for $1000, Alex.
Words mean things. In this case, "exercise". You don't get to change the meaning just because you want to.  More specifically, in this case, it means "not being forced to participate in an action a well established religion teaches is wrong." Burning at the stake is not a religious teaching that I am aware of.
 And that is the actual definition of "tolerance" in a nutshell.
You asked for one reason. I gave you two.
It has been my experience that arguments like these are made by people who are ignorant of the specifics of what Leviticus actually says and who it is written and applies to.
 That is enshrined in the Constitution (see below). That was also part of the debate over that Constitution. It's how freedom is protected. States that get too unfree lose citizens and revenues as the result of bad policies, giving a feedback mechanism. If you eliminate that feedback mechanism, there is nothing preventing bad policies from being created and getting worse. 
 Um… Take a good look at the very first topic addressed in the First Amendment.  Establishment means the creation or selection of an official state religion. Exercise means putting something into practice. In other words, the government cannot have an official religion, nor can it prevent anyone from believing or acting on religious beliefs. Therefore, laws are required to be written to make sure they do not interfere with religious beliefs and practices. That is a...