or Connect

Posts by EWTHeckman

No. It's not. It's a choice which is being made by Apple if their new policy drives the apps off iOS. Neither is the higher prices.
It seems to me that you should still be able to use Safari on the iDevice to handle the purchase without having to wait until you get home. Even so, it would still be a much more significant pain than simply tapping a button or three within the app. Otherwise, very well said.
No, they did not deprive me of my free will. That was my point. My response was to Long On Apple's claim which is based on the idea that Apple somehow did take away my free will. Read it for yourself:I resent you distorting my words and arguments.Yes, they have a general right to control their own store. However, they do not have the right to control other companies' stores or pricing, which is what they are trying to do.I do not intend to buy anything through In App...
That was the fundamental assumption underlying his argument, that Apple somehow controls all my purchases simply because I made a single purchase from Apple. I am perfectly willing to pay Apple for products and services which I have decided are valuable to me. I find it abhorrent for Apple to assume that they have some sort of God given right to insert themselves between me and the reseller I have chosen to do business with simply because I was impressed enough to buy a...
Of course I don't think Amazon or Netflix will go out of business. I would only expect small developers who are dependent on Apple, don't have the margin to absorb the loss of revenue and can't raise to prices to go out of business. Either way, iOS users lose access to the content. The point is that if they decide to not raise prices, they can not and will not sell at a loss, leaving the only option to pull out of the platform.This is only possible if they had sufficient...
I like history books. Is that equivalent?
Or "If they don't want any business from Apple's customers, then stay the hell off the Mac!" Or "If they don't want any business from Microsoft's customers, then stay the hell off the Windows!" Apple does not own me. I am not their slave. I own my iDevices, not Apple. They have no right to say what apps I can and cannot run on my own device.
SighÂ… I've already been over this. Go back and read my comments. Amazon (and other content providers) help Apple sell hardware. I am not Apple's slave. They do not own me. They have no right to attempt to exert total control over who I choose to purchase content from. If you want me to reargue the points again, I refuse. They're already in writing for you to read at your leisure.
Your restatement changes the meaning of my original statement.They don't "HAVE" to receive the same amount, but IN ORDER TO receive the same amount where 30% is taken off the top, the selling price must be increased by 43%.What businesses MUST do in order to stay in business is sell their products and/or services at something higher than their costs.For example, Amazon is willing to keep only 30% of the selling price of books which meet a certain criteria, one of which is...
I suspect this is probably part of what the FTC will be looking at. If they move on to a full investigation, I expect this be challenged. BTW, I don't think it's necessary to have a[n additional] court challenge to be able to argue that it's not valid to base an argument on an assumption that Apple has some presumed "right" to exert absolute control over which apps a customer can install on an iDevice. Apple's loss in the jailbreaking suit is sufficient to demonstrate that...