or Connect

Posts by EWTHeckman

The iOS update is not a "good or service?" This passes for sound legal reasoning these days?
I think it absolutely makes sense to use the 4S name for this update. The form factor is the same (and I like it), which means everything that works with the 4 should work for the 4S. Technology-wise, this update is the electronic equivalent of dropping a supercharged V8 into a car that only had a V6 before. There's no new communications abilities, though there is only one model where there used to be two. Siri is a big deal, but that's software, not hardware. From...
I seem to recall someone* is supposed to have said that no one would ever need more than 640K of RAM. There are an awful lot of posters here using the same kind of arguments. Here's a hint for those posters. History has consistently shown such prognostications to be flat wrong.*Bill Gates is supposed to have said this. His response this meme is "I've said some stupid things and some wrong things, but not that. No one involved in computers would ever say that a certain...
Who are you to decide how everyone else uses their devices? Your needs are not my needs, are not someone else's needs. Right now, I have about 8 GB free on my 32 GB iPhone. Yet I have no music on it. I could probably find a way to pare down what's on there, but it is not possible to pare it down enough to fit all the music I want to carry with me. Relying on iCloud to cover the difference is just asking for a monster OMG moment phone bill. Ironically, just one such...
Any word on more storage?
Apple's web site says this update is for the iPad 1 & 2, iPod Touch 3 & 4, and iPhone 3GS and 4 (GSM only). It's really odd that the Verizon iPhone 4 is the only current device NOT getting iOS 4.3. I was really hoping the update would fix the broken FaceTime settings (for those who updated from a Touch 4).
Says the guy who refuses to back up his assertions with facts or logic. Project much? BTW, what's it like to have such absolute blind unquestioning faith in something?
Ah, yes. The old ad hominem FALLACY. When the facts start getting in the way of your dogma, resort to name calling.I didn't bring it up, anonymouse did. I should have known that pointing out more facts to people who are already ignoring facts was a waste of time.Ah, yes, even more name calling. And by your rules, no response is possible. If I make true statements which show that your assertion is laughably wrong, you call me a troll. If I ignore your assertion, you claim...
Simplified? Yes. Made up? No. Here are my sources:Amazon I would use more precise numbers if I had them. Here are Amazon's overall financials. It is impossible to make much of these numbers because Amazon doesn't break out the digital content numbers. So I'll just note that their NET Earnings for 2010 was 3.37% of their revenue.Netflix Note that some people had been citing Netflix's Gross Earnings ($805,270, Revenues minus direct costs) for 2010, which is roughly 37% of...
It's called math. Ever heard of it?