or Connect

Posts by EWTHeckman

Exactly. Here's a practical example:This evening I looked up "How To Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie on Amazon. I was considering buying the Kindle version to replace my paper copy.The Kindle version is $12.99. That's a price set by Simon & Schuster.The hard back version is $13.98.The paperback version is $9.00.This is for a product that is far cheaper per unit than printed books which cannot be sold by the buyer when they're done with it. What value is...
Apparently not invalidated, but Apple did win a determination that they did not infringe this patent in Germany.
According to FOSS Patents, it is a FRAND patent.
Given decisions like this, I invite GreenPeace to get an up close and personal birds-eye view of a wind turbine in operation.
IMHO, a big part of HP's downfall is a lack of quality. I have an HP calculator that was built sometime between 1982 and 1989. That's at least 23 years ago. And it's still going strong. And the HP-12C, first introduced in 1981, is still being sold today. On the other hand, I bought a new HP calculator a few years ago so my son could use it for homework, with the expectation that I would get it when he was done. Even though he didn't abuse it (there aren't any cracks or...
Agreed! It makes it so much nicer to read the (mostly) reasonable, rational comments without z's blather making a mess of things. Save your sanity. Put him on ignore.
Talk about your "full court press"! I get the feeling this isn't going to end until one of the two companies is dead.
Did they discuss why Rosetta was retired?
The iOS update is not a "good or service?" This passes for sound legal reasoning these days?
I think it absolutely makes sense to use the 4S name for this update. The form factor is the same (and I like it), which means everything that works with the 4 should work for the 4S. Technology-wise, this update is the electronic equivalent of dropping a supercharged V8 into a car that only had a V6 before. There's no new communications abilities, though there is only one model where there used to be two. Siri is a big deal, but that's software, not hardware. From...