or Connect

Posts by EWTHeckman

Advantages of the Kindle e-ink readers over iPads.Lightweight - When you're reading, you're holding this thing still for a long period of time, frequently one handed. The iPad is far heavier, and it makes a difference.Size - The Kindles are all about the size of a paperback book. There's a reason the publishing industry made that size so common. It's a convenient size for carrying and reading.Resolution - It's actually much easier for humans to read if individual pixels...
I could see an iPad with the new connector, more memory, the rumored A6 processor, a bit thinner, with better battery life. But really, how much more could they change it? Software is where the real room for innovation is.Based on typical rumors and timeframes, I wouldn't expect that prior to early 2013.
I just checked Amazon. The two Touch models are also out of stock. It looks promising to those of us who like small, lightweight tablets for reading. (A market Apple is apparently eyeing hungrily.)
Are you prepared to eat a truckload of crow if (IMHO, when) Apple announces an iPad Mini?
That's actually a feature of the patent system. Your work is protect from copying for a period of time so that there is incentive to create new things. Then after that period of time expires, the plans for the original design are freely available from the patent office to make copying easier. The patent system is designed to give the inventors a trade; "We'll protect you for a time in exchange for making your knowledge available to the public." That's a win-win...
Didn't Samsung's lawyers have jury consultants? Most people can be willing to forgive a slight whiff of greed if the company is otherwise has a good reputation. But nobody likes companies where it's beyond doubt that they're being greedy bastards. So why did Samsung bring this up when it should have been obvious to them that Intel's contract is an obvious defense, and that would prove that Samsung is trying to double-dip against Apple? That's like giving any jury that...
So, who will buy an iPad Mini because of it's size?Raises hand while looking around.**Based on the assumption that it is otherwise the same as an iPad 3 or 4.
Here's why I bought a Kindle Touch rather than an iPad.The main use for a tablet (in my case) is reading.The iPad 2's resolution was too low for hard core reading. (Yes, resolution makes a difference). The iPad 3 fixed that.The iPad is bigger than necessary and too heavy for extended reading. (An iPad Mini could resolve this.)The Kindle Touch can be read in almost every situation I'm in, except very low light. The iPad can't be read comfortably outside. (A backlit Kindle...
I have a current Kindle Touch and a Kindle 2. I definitely prefer the on screen keyboard of the Kindle Touch over the Kindle 2's keyboard. So I disagree about that.A Kindle Touch with a backlight? Heck yeah! What's taking so long?
A bunch of squares. What a great way to represent a technology company! As if computer guys aren't already thought of as squares. [/sarc off]