or Connect

Posts by saintstryfe

Many people perfer the scripted show to the "real" UFC - the outcomes aren't predetermined but the showmanship is exactly the same. They've used a half-dozen old Memphis angles (that is, wrestling storylines that were commonly used in the Memphis territory in the 60's through the 80's) in the last 10 years. To me, UFC is tattooed white guy in boxers blazed with advertising fighting tattooed white guy in boxers blazed with advertising.   WWE is not good wrestling - it's...
Well, speaking as a former pro-wrestling performer (in-ring talent, referee and manager for 6 years in my late teens and early 20's back in the late 90's and early 2k's), I'm not buying in only because it's McMahon. It will be heavily edited and one-sided and quite frequently just wrong.  Just see how WWE treats people who don't play ball with them.   I'm happy to see more content, but it will lead me to want to hide the button on AppleTV.... 
It's a good move for both companies. Google can focus on patents and software, Lenovo can make inexpensive hardware. Of the companies I've dealt with in my retail gig, Lenovo is definitely one of the less objectionable, even if I have to explain who they are (8 years later and I'd say 6-8 times a week I still need to tell people who Lenovo are...).   It is good for Apple in that a company who works very hard to keep low margins is going to be taking over a competitor -...
The only thing sad here is realizing how sick Steve really was when this was being made, and how fast he declined afterwards. That said, for this shining day, he was that same kid who priced his computer at 666.66$, introduced us to the GUI and to a shiny blue plastic all-in-one.
I'd prefer not taking on big debt right now. It feels like this is wonderful for Icahn, not really  for that many other people, and not for Apple itself. I'd rather we use some of the nestegg to assure worker confidence on the retail side of things (it's a big rich company, let's make sure all workers on all levels have a better than average salary, better than good benefits and are better trained than anyone else), complete modernizing older stores, and pushing more into...
I got a chromecast on a lark.   if you're doing what it is programmed for, it's a cool toy: streaming Youtube and Netflix to it from my computer worked easily and well. Throwing MST3K episodes from Youtube on there worked easily and the picture seemed pretty good.   Then I jumped over to Twitch.tv, a non-supported site to see if I could catch a replay of the Hearthstone stream from earlier today. There's no option to use it, so you have to throw a Chrome browser...
same thing happened to me rnb - I'd love Verizon, they're very strong in my area, but the prices for just one phone were terribly unreasonable. I ended up with Virgin Mobile.
My brother got one of these for his birthday. I was skeptical but so far he's loving the heck out of it. I am too - he actually notices and responds to my iMessages when I send them to him. The only negative to him is the rubberized wrist band. He's replacing it with a leather one, just standard. Other than that, it's a perfect little device. I can't wait to see what Apple will bring to the table on this front. 
I'm a sprint customer via Virgin Mobile. I'm hoping for better coverage and maybe LTE.
I will say if the iPhone didn't exist, the Lumia 920 is the phone I'd want. It's a gorgeous piece of kit. Feels great in the hand and Windows Phone 8 is a leap and bound above Android.   That said, the iPhone does indeed exist. So I'll never have a reason for it.