or Connect

Posts by saintstryfe

I was pretty sour on Apple Watch until this month when I went to buy a smart watch (I just don't have 350$ for an Apple Watch, and I wanted it now).   This sector despite being chunky with other makers, is a huge opportunity... the devices are terrible. They're big. Their chargers are not at all elegant. The default bands are insanely uncomfortable. Software is painfully limited. Slow.    I saw this out of all of the big dual-OS phones - Pebble, Metron, metaWatch, all...
Apple won't transfer off of x86 until there's a compelling reason. "Having to wait for Intel" is not compelling - every major PC builder is waiting too. I'm running on PC stock that's 7 months old now because until we know what's going on with Windows 10 and the 5th gen chips come on out, they're not building anything they weren't in the run up to the Holiday season. 
Apple won't transfer off of x86 until there's a compelling reason. "Having to wait for Intel" is not compelling - every major PC manufacutrer is waiting too. I'm running on PC stock that's 7 months old now because until we know what's going on with Windows 10 and the 5th gen chips come on out, they're not builiding anything they weren't in the run up to the Holiday season. 
Q: do you think the next step for online payments will be embedding NFC Receivers in Macs, so we can use Apple Pay online?   Imagine that? Being on Amazon, you see a product, you click on buy, it prompts you to hold your phone to the palm rest of your Macbook or the chin of your iMac or the case of your Mac Mini or Mac Pro, and you TouchID to confirm, and it would auto transmit a token with your info and payment in one batch, securely? 
 No, the Laptop's only job was to take the desktop experience and make it portable. It still has the paradigm of keyboard and mouse, standard desktop I/O, fixed drives, and the same resolution screens as desktops. 
I work selling retail printers - the real problem is not TOO MUCH use.... it's too little. People let printers sit for weeks unused, ink dries up in the print heads and then it's useless, often damaging the printer as much as the cartridge.    In this way, Laser is superior in that it can sit for weeks or months.    I tell people to try and print something every week or so - just a line of each color (CKMY). The small use of ink saves tons of dried, head-damaged 70%...
 What shocks me more is people think they weren't tracking people of interest long before all of this.
My single biggest issue is I really, really don't want my medical info on my phone, on my watch, or it tracking those. I honestly could give less then a crap how many stairs I climb or how far I've walked.    All I want is something simple, that looks really nice, that lets me do the things I pull my phone out for - checking time, checking messages, seeing notifications. It would be nice if it were affordable but if it's nice I'll pay up.   I don't see that with Apple...
Well simple consideration: Men have to carry their phones in a small coat pocket at best, but most likely jean pocket or maybe a hip holster. Women have purses, so they can easily afford much bigger ones.