or Connect

Posts by saintstryfe

Well simple consideration: Men have to carry their phones in a small coat pocket at best, but most likely jean pocket or maybe a hip holster. Women have purses, so they can easily afford much bigger ones. 
went right into Verizon today. Transfering from Virgin Mobile, was in and out in 15 minutes. Went with a 6 64gb in Black. Shipped to me on the 19th.    Joy to the world.
The source is the same. Bigotry, intolerance, fear. They want intrusive government, just for their own peeves. They just aren't pushed to the brink like many militants are. 
You asked for examples, they gave examples. You are moving the goalposts. But since we're on this, let's give one more, which merges both gay rights and racial equality. Bayard Rustin was a close ally of Martin Luther King Jr. and the main organizer of the 1963 March on Washington (where King gave his famed I have a Dream speech). Also? Gay. And the powers-that-be, who were trying to discredit the Civil Rights movement tried to slander him, like it was a problem. Well Rev....
Can we stop with this? Beats are good headphones. Overpriced but good. Many people who have no idea what they're listening to will proclaim them bad because other people said they're bad. They're good quality, stylish headphones that sell good, and attract an attractive market who have disposable cash. Whatever tech they have can go into improving earpods and Apple can take the knees out of competitors like HP who made the Beats brand a big part of their identity...
well god knows I'm waiting for the day where a reasonably accurate skin-based glucose test will be available for diabetics (my father's been one for over 35 years) that could be worn on a band, but that can be a separate device. I'm not against fitness apps in such a device, I just wish they'd stop marketing them like they do balance balls. I want cool, geeky tech, not something to sell to middle-aged yoga enthusiasts. 
I love the idea of a wearable companion to my iPhone but I have no desire for "Fitness apps" - I really, really don't care about calories burned, steps taken or any undefined fitness goals. I want to know who's calling me, the ability to dismiss that call if I don't want to take it, the time, what Texts are coming in, and notifications that I set up on my phone. I want it light, clear to read, easy to charge, and to look nice. I want an addition to my mobile. Not a...
Many people perfer the scripted show to the "real" UFC - the outcomes aren't predetermined but the showmanship is exactly the same. They've used a half-dozen old Memphis angles (that is, wrestling storylines that were commonly used in the Memphis territory in the 60's through the 80's) in the last 10 years. To me, UFC is tattooed white guy in boxers blazed with advertising fighting tattooed white guy in boxers blazed with advertising.   WWE is not good wrestling - it's...
Well, speaking as a former pro-wrestling performer (in-ring talent, referee and manager for 6 years in my late teens and early 20's back in the late 90's and early 2k's), I'm not buying in only because it's McMahon. It will be heavily edited and one-sided and quite frequently just wrong.  Just see how WWE treats people who don't play ball with them.   I'm happy to see more content, but it will lead me to want to hide the button on AppleTV.... 
It's a good move for both companies. Google can focus on patents and software, Lenovo can make inexpensive hardware. Of the companies I've dealt with in my retail gig, Lenovo is definitely one of the less objectionable, even if I have to explain who they are (8 years later and I'd say 6-8 times a week I still need to tell people who Lenovo are...).   It is good for Apple in that a company who works very hard to keep low margins is going to be taking over a competitor -...