or Connect

Posts by saintstryfe

Sadly Apple lost me as an iMac customer. i don't have the room for a 27" computer monitor. I don't want it, and I don't need it. And by choosing to remove the discrete graphics card and the RAM upgrades from the 21" iMac, it has lead me to just choose not to invest in another. I built a gaming PC with Win 8 and will be getting the lower-profit Mac Mini to match it. Overall, I'll be decreasing my Apple investment. I feel bad-  I like the iMac. I never had a single hiccup...
Stop saying 199 for the GN7.    That's the 8 gig version. It's 250 for the 16 gig that is equal to the iPad.   For the 80 dollars, you get a 35% bigger screen, iOS 6, less Google, a stronger, Al and Glass enclosure compared to the plasticized rubbery feel of the GN7, and the Apple support compared to Asus'.    Apple is not far off in terms of raw processing, and it's way ahead on intangibles. 
exactly rangerd. I sell lots of 600 desktop PCs - none of them have discrete graphics. Internal all the way. I'm still waiting on the good idea of Thunderbolt break-out boxes with PCI-e to put a graphics card into.
When will you chicken littles get it? SPECS DON'T MATTER. It's not the features, it's the benefits. That is, it's not what the device CAN do, it's what the device ACTUALLY does. And usability wise, Apple is unmatched, with the best OS and the best App ecosystem. That's what keeps people coming back.
Won't be the first time Apple broke people's expectations.
Also, Wall Street was having a down day -250 points on the Dow, Apple down 6 before the event started.
So unpopular that it's become one of the biggest selling PC games of all time. 6.3 million copies last I heard, not including the 1.2 million that WoW players got for signing up for the Annual Pass.    And Pandarans, the characters in WoW: Mists of Pandaria, have been a long, long time request by fans - it also adds 5 more levels of content, a new class, a new continent, a new focus on the story, and several new end-game play methods (gear-normalized timed dungeon...
Wait, he's complaining about moving thousands of dollars of tech? I work retail selling technology and i'd KILL to have that kind of product, rather then push laptops that are all ready outdated and tablets I know are inferior! 
MOst people will never work on one life-changing device. Jobs worked over at least 6 - Apple II, Macintosh, iMac, iPod, iPad, iPhone - and a full scale revolution in Hollywood.    I wouldn't worry about Tim's vision. Right now, and for the next several years at least, Jobs' vision is going to lead the company. I see voice communication with machines as being closer now then ever before. I see better screens that let people interact like never before. I see a change...
Here's all the speed you'd ever want... but make sure you don't download anything.   I'll stick with 3G for now, thanks.