or Connect

Posts by MeniThings

Apple will release a smaller iPad, that's a certainty, but the company is too savvy to position it in the same space as the iPad. I don't think it'll just be a 'smaller iPad'. It'll have it's own identity and target market.   Remember the iPad wasn't announced as a tablet. It was announced as a netbook replacement, and did it's job perfectly by pretty much taking over that segment and destroying the netbook.   So I think a smaller iPad will probably be positioned...
The palm OS is a ripoff of Apple's Newton OS. Do your research.
One of my animators is from South Korea and she just told me she's embarrissed to be Korean. Seriously. She said Samsung is a huge and corrupt mega company who even make cars (only for Korea) and are run by a mafia family who's CEOs have been jailed but were quickly released because of their wealth and deep ties to government. She said she had first hand looks at Samsung's tablets when they first came out and was amazed by what Apple ripoffs they were. She said the Galaxy...
Apple uses the courts to prevent competitors from copying their non-essential IP inventions. None of Apple's lawsuits prevent competitors from making competing products. The point of Apple's lawsuits is to stop companies from copying their brand-defining designs. Apple never sues to prevent anyone from using their essential patents. For those Apple charges a fair license fee. Google uses the courts to stop competitors from using the essential patents they own (and...
I would love to see the same survey applied to Android customers, and more specifically Samsung customers, especially those using the latest hardware.   Recent reports put iOS app retention rate well ahead of Android, and we know that that customer satisfaction surveys again put Apple far ahead of Android, but I'd be still  interested to see if Google's attempts at an Apple-like ecosystem are starting to gain traction.
APPLE BUSINESS MODEL Product: Hardware Customer: Consumers    GOOGLE BUSINESS MODEL Product: Consumers Customer: Advertisers   Why would I want to start using Google services on my iOS device? Google's MO is to harvest as much of my personal information as possible. No thank you.   It's amazing how many tech nerds have been duped by Google's "free" services and "open" BS. Nothing is free. You pay by progressively giving away your privacy.   Google...
Here's hoping Spotify continues to grow and do well. I love the service too as it's a great compliment to iTunes. I also hope that Apple feels the heat from Spotify and looks into working out some kind of streaming service with the labels.   Apple's movie and music catalogue has gotten so good that I'd be fine paying a reasonable monthly fee to have all-you-can-eat subscription access to everything in the iTunes store.
So Google demos some work-in-progress 3D views of 'a few major cities' that look identical to what Apple acquired from C3 Technologies a year ago. And it crashes 4 times. And there's no release date. All this a week before Apple unveils its new, and presumably polished/feature complete Google-free iOS-wide maps app.   Pretty transparent bit of last-minute desperation from Google if you ask me.
Feels snappier.         ......         I kid.
You're confused. It's not an app by Vlingo. Vlingo is its own standalone app as per your original question. S Voice (yes it's powered by vlingo but that's beside the point as you're using semantic BS to backtrack on your lack of understanding) is an imbedded handset feature, and not just an app, that works exactly Siri, hence it being a rip-off. As far as other Samsung rip offs, you'd need to have a lobotomy to not know of those. Or an Android fanboy. Do your...