or Connect

Posts by MeniThings

Huh? Again you're making no sense. Allow me to explain if this is getting too complicated for you:   - You said "maybe this is what it looks like and there doesn't need to be a brand new design every single year"   - That makes no sense because it's an argument based on the idea that the current iPhone design is a year old. You are wrong. The current iPhone design is 2 years old, and will be 2 1/2 years old when the next iPhone is released.   - Therefore a new design is...
  Huh? This next iPhone will be released 2 1/2 years after the last full redesign. You make no sense.
The recent leaks seem a bit off for Apple. They basically show a slightly thinner iPhone 4 shape with a 16:9 aspect ratio and an underwhelming case design. I'm not entirely convinced these are real since I'm expecting something more radical from Apple to stay competitive with companies like Samsung. So this leads me to a couple of theories which admittedly may be a bit out there: First: this is a controlled leak from Apple, of a fake design. Tim Cook himself said Apple is...
The recent leaks seem a bit off for Apple. They basically show a slightly thinner iPhone 4 shape with a 16:9 aspect ratio and an underwhelming case design. I'm not entirely convinced these are real since I'm expecting something more radical from Apple to stay competitive with companies like Samsung. So this leads me to a couple of theories which admittedly may be a bit out there: First: this is a controlled leak from Apple, of a fake design. Tim Cook himself said Apple is...
It's fascinating how so many tech nerds got suckered into Android's "open" BS. All Google is doing is finding ways to cast the widest net for people's personal info. And having Android be open source is one way to do it. Google is not the least bit interested in 'open'. It's fantasy to compare Android to genuine open projects like Linux. That's because Google is not in the business of making great technology. Google is in the business of selling your personal...
It's fascinating how so many tech nerds got suckered into Google's "open" BS, especially in respect to Android. All Google is doing is finding ways to cast the widest net for people's personal info. And having Android be open source is one way to do it. Google is not the least bit interested in 'open'. It's fantasy to compare Android to genuine open projects like Linux. That's because Google is not in the business of making great technology. Google is in the business...
Anyone with a properly working frontal lobe knows Android is an blatant rip-off of the iPhone. I have no interest, and and am not the least bit convinced, by the trolls here that try to argue otherwise. So why hasn't Apple sued Google to the ground for such obvious copy-catting and IP theft? There are no simple answers because the situation is quite complex. What made the first iPhone so groundbreaking and game-changing was how it combined an exhaustive suite of...
I do see a pattern in how Apple and Motorola/Google/Samsung use the patent system: - Apple comes from the position that it must defend its in-house developed inventions and trade dress that help define its brand. None of the patents, trade dress or IP (inertial scrolling, swipe to unlock, unique industrial design, packaging etc) are essential for the competition to make the own products in the same space. Apple by law must defend its patents or they will losing...
According to the comScore data, Apple had the highest percentage gain in the handset market last month. Here again are the Mobile OEM stats from comScore: 1: Samsung. Point change: +0.3 2: LG. Point change: -0.5 3: Motorola: Point change: -0.3 4: Apple. Point change: +1.4 5: RIM. Point change: -0.6 As for OS marketshare, Apple does not compete in the feature phone market. All the other OEM's on the list do. In spite of this, Apple is growing the fastest in the handset...