or Connect

Posts by JPDLVMH

3,2,1... here we go It is obvious that the Gorish chap with his climate b******t has difficulty getting his message across. So he had to buy a platform...
Go on, Kent, run to mummy - she will give you a lolly and put a plaster on your sore spot. Or stop behaving like a like a little child who missed out on some sweeties.
I can't make up my mind whether to feel sorry for Steve Barmy, "captain of the sinking ship Microsoft" or to admire his fighting spirit in spite of all odds. When i saw the way he pranced about on stage, punching the air, shrieking voice, but with an almost desperate look on his face I knew that he knew he's losing the battle.
"I'm currently struggling as a freelance designer and cannot afford the horrendously expensive $99 a year Apple wants to charge for this "free" email account (I don't need the other .mac services)" I hope that business has improved since your post - not being able to afford $99 as a business expense is really bad news...
Yep, the UK government screws businesses (not just inventive people) left right and centre. There are few financial incentives. Except of course if you're thinking of doing something "green" - then you can get all kinds of subsidies. Idiots. Add to that the enormous amount of money the stupid olympic games are costing the taxpayer and you're better off in the USA where enterprise is rewarded and making money is not something that needs to be punished by more then half...
Developers forget to mention that although they pay a hefty 30%, they have no advertising costs, no distribution costs and their app can potentially be purchased worldwide. That's also worth a lot of money...
Companies like this are the hyena's in the computer world.
Quicken lost me as a customer, and my recommendations as a consultant to my customers, when they refused to say and do anything about a proper update/upgrade to Quicken for Mac, together with an APP to go on the iPAD/iPHONE.
I bought a second hand pay-as-you-go iPHONE last year, which was only just within the (1 year) agreement. After a couple of weeks the contract finished and I paid £ 15 to the network (which was O2 in GB) to have it unlocked. Now I am using it happily on Vodafone.
"Consumers do not have an absolute right to any product they wish to buy. They have a right to buy it under terms that the seller chooses to offer. Any other rule would be a disaster." CORRECT. But the agreement between customer and supplier will override the agreement between manufacturer and supplier - ie the "under terms that the seller chooses to offer". It is the agreement signed by the user which governs the conditions of use for said user - not any agreement...