or Connect

Posts by waldobushman

The DOJ is not corrupt but is merely continuing the same arguments that have prevailed for decades. It's wrong, but the position has been wrong all along.  Here is the real problem. Since Reagan administration, we've had continuous mergers creating effective monopolies across a whole range of business sectors. Banking is the obvious one, and you see where this has led. There is a reason we have an oligarchy -- and this is the biggest reason.  The argument that has won out...
Their decision was by far the most appropriate.
Certainly true. Further, as much as Steve Jobs passing was sad, a shock, even to those who did not follow him or Apple, or the computer industry, I think a market for a Steve Jobs movie is passed and wasn't all that strong to begin with.    The Isaacson biography was not all that good -- it's easy to put down -- and limiting the movie to three thematic periods is a problem. It simply sounds like there is very little of a good story present. It is not clear that the...
The review does not mention the personal parameters (weight, gender, for example) that would need to be known to estimate alcohol metabolism rates.
My iPad is used outside the home every day -- at meetings, taking notes, reading documents and manuals, reviewing literature, doing literature searches, importing articles for later reference. In any case, the auto lock/unlock is not hampered at all by its integration with TouchID. Open the cover and place one of your fingers on the button -- viola. Takes all of about 1/2 second more than if TouchID was not present. If I need to look to/from iPad frequently, I don't shut...
Sounds like these are ambulance chasing attorneys. They actually have no plaintiffs who were harmed. As in most product class action cases, the big money in class action settlements go to the attorneys, while the actual plaintiffs get pennies. 
My connections to the internet are quite slow under OS X 8.1.1 which uses WIFI, of course, on an early 2011 MBP. Good to know its not my older hardware.
"Disruptive" has always be hackneyed, and wrong as something positive. Disruptive is to making progress as taking a sledgehammer to your TV and calling it fixing the TV. 
When did Apple allow uploading your own CDs into iTunes? That might be an element of Apple's defense. It seems I've always been able to import CDs but I wouldn't doubt that that functionality was not initially present.
the vast majority of stock trades on HFT. The reporting of stock prices for decades have been worthless indicators of anything, including the value and quality of a company. It's been technical trading for 40 years, based upon psychobabble theories. The psychobabble has now been incorporated into psycho-algorithms (psychorithms). But, it's still babble.