or Connect

Posts by waldobushman

Samsung's commercial is interesting as it highlights it's own failure to be commercially successful, noting it was three years ahead of its time, and some criticisms it endured. The samsung commercial did not bash apple; it used apples entry into the big phone as validation for their own product category. We will see what Samsung has to offer to counter apples iPhone 6 plus.
Att has lousy internet access in my area. Their u-verse is slow. Charter may not be great, but it get 24mbps for less than 12mbps from Att. I'd have to pay $30 more/month to Att to get the same service I get on charter. Att is just light years behind delivering internet service, so you would have to expect they could not handle cell to wifi handoff.
AppleWatch is interesting but not for me. I wear a watch 24x7 including in the shower and swimming, which I do every day. And I never take it off. I'll wait until generation xxxx to consider.
I don't know how people would make decisions about which iPhone to buy without first handling each one? So, I have no problem waiting. The other point for me is none of my lines are eligible for upgrade. I'll have to wait for the iPhone 7. 
The issue with charging is less how often but how long. A small watch battery that lasts a day but recharges in 10 minutes, for example, will hardly cause a problem. Notice, though, we only saw the business end of the charging process, not the power end.
No. In previous years, Apple decidedly tried to dampen expectations. They have not done so this time, and in fact, have made an effort to add to the hype.  Well, in a little over 12 hours, speculations will end. 
Apple must have plenty up their sleeves. Given the hype so far, I'm guessing Apple will exceed the hype.
Short battery life can be compensated for by continuous recharging. Since any wearable device will be in continuous motion, and be worn by a warm body, heat and kinetic energy can be used. Add wireless charging via the NFC, one might be able minimize the problem.
I don't expect a payment system around the iPhone will have much impact generally, though Apple might make some money. There is a big security problem in the US regarding debit and credit cards, and an iPhone solution will not even be a blip. Sure many people carry smart phones and a transaction using an iPhone with TouchID might be useful, but as for having an impact on CC security -- nothing. The US is going to have to change how all transactions are handled. Unless...
Given the speculations of what Apple is going to present Sep 9, my guess is people are off the mark, or maybe there will be Oct, Nov, and Dec announcements also. Why? When Eddy Cue said this year that Apple has the most impressive pipeline he's seen in 25 years, I'm going to take him at his word. So far, speculations of new products coming in Sept and the rest of the year fall far short of Cue's statement. Maybe not September, but certainly this year, I'm expecting Apple...