or Connect

Posts by waldobushman

Can offer substantially better screen resolution pushing to an iOS device than to a TV. 
You make a good argument. Here's another side. Xerox was a fairly innovative company but primarily within their skunkworks side -- PARC -- Palo Alto Research Center. Yes, Jobs took ideas from Xerox, not the product side of Xerox, but the PARC side. Management of Xerox was brain-dead and had no ability or desire to productize PARC. But, PARC itself had a problem -- nothing was ever done. They always had the next-best thing just around the corner. Smalltalk was invented at...
Now, after 2 years of DOJ successfully creating the Amazon monopoly, their agent is no longer required. His next job -- legal department of Amazon. For the DOJ lawyers involved -- law firms on Amazon's payroll.
Yep. Most American companies of run by people knowledgeable about getting tax breaks and tax payer money from one government or another, knowledgeable about their golden parachutes and office politics, and whose knowledge amounts to little more than looking at spreadsheets. As Steve Jobs said, the best companies are run by engineers/scientists. They actual know important stuff.
There may be a quid-pro-quo between Tesla and Apple. During lull periods for Tesla employees, they get to work for Apple, when Tesla needs them, they get to come back. Nothing wrong, and a lot right with cross-polination between Apple and Tesla.
A point missing from this discussion so far is transporting the iPad Pro.   Many times, I just carry my iPadAir alone. But, most often, I use a man-purse that holds my iPadAir along with assorted chargers, cables for AppleWatch, VGA/HDMI cables to hook up the iPadAir to projectors, pens/pencils, screen cleaners, Beats earphones, camera stands for the iPhone, a "stylus" for the iPad, and some miscellaneous other stuff.    So, how am I now going to carry and protect the...
I'm surprised only 10% for 6 Plus. I bought the 6 Plus has happy I did. Using a smaller model would seem just weird.
Merchants don't care? I doubt they don't care but I'm certain they are dealing with the October deadline. They need to upgrade their credit/debit/NFC equipment. What merchants do is dependent what equipment manufacturers are offering. I'm betting Apple along with other NFC proponents have their fingers in the manufacturers business. 
If it was obvious, why didn't others develop the designs and why are they now copying Apple's designs. Apple's design patents are only obvious after the fact. I read a great definition of both "thinking outside the box" and of the characteristic of genius. It's "seeing the obvious".
"The lawsuit claims that Nike and Apple engaged in violations of consumer protection laws in connection with the Nike+ FuelBand.  More specifically, the lawsuit alleges, among other things, that false and/or misleading statements were made regarding the Nike+ FuelBand’s ability to accurately track calories, steps, and NikeFuel, and that there were breaches of the warranty terms of the Nike+ FuelBand.  Nike and Apple deny the claims in the lawsuit and maintain that they did...