or Connect

Posts by waldobushman

I trying to determine whether to place Apple at the top of the list of worst application development companies in the world, or just second worst.    Apple has done it again with Photos. iBooks suck, as does Pages, Numbers, iMovie. Now Photos has my vote. I organized iPhotos by Event, and created Projects or Albums based on slideshows. Events were critical as the event names gave me historic information like when a where the events took place.   Now all EVENT...
By far, from the research perspective, this is big. The limiting factor is sensors and that is even bigger. Much of what is known about what is normal and what is abnormal is based upon sampling of college students as research subjects and self-reporting. It would be a boon to get timely, contemporaneous and objective data on a mass scale.
Security that is not just band-aids takes much more than a little effort. I think it was Linus Torvalds (or maybe Edsgar Dijkstra) who was quoted as saying (though I haven't found the quote) that the biggest security problem is code with bugs. 
I don't believe you are correct. As I understand it, the fingerprint data on the phone is not accessible, Apple does not have your fingerprints -- the fingerprint data on the iPhone cannot be read or dumped. It's a one-way cypher. The iPhone merely determines if the last touchID finger image matches the stored data. 
Banks like other corporations exist to make money for their CEO's and investors, with no laws in place or enforced to make the CEO's and investors liable for incompetence or mistake. Banks don't care and they don't have to. It's a cost of doing business, which, of course, we pay for. Since they own the politicians, nothing will change. 
The problem with the Apple Watch is those of us who wear water-resistant watches, shower with them, swim with them and change the battery once every two years, will not be happy with the Apple Watch.
The speculations that Apple was working on an electric car (or any car for that matter) was as absurd as UFO sightings. I can never understand why such speculative drivel is reported in the first place, and even worse, allowed to expand over a week of time. As Mark Twain said: If you don't read the news, you're uninformed; if you read the news, you're misinformed.
Will the silliness never end?    “A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.” -- Mark Twain.
All the western governments are broke. Most of ours and their GDP are based on speculative stocks and financial institutions which are not based on productivity. Austerity in EU has collapsed all but Germany. None of the governments seem to exist for the people who live there. They have all bought into trickle down. Corporations want the benefits without paying for them. 
A pen with a larger iPad is just the ticket. An iPad emulating A4, 8 1/2 x 11 or legal size pads would be ideal. Add to that OS and software that would simultaneously allow reading a book and taking notes (like writing notes in the margins) would drive sales for certain. I would definitely buy such a device.