or Connect

Posts by waldobushman

To answer your Gore diatribe: Al Gore and the Internet By Robert Kahn and Vinton CerfDated: 28 Sep 2000 Al Gore was the first political leader to recognize the importance of the Internet and to promote and support its development.  No one person or even small group of persons exclusively invented the Internet. It is the result of many years of ongoing collaboration among people in government and the university community. But as the two people who designed the basic...
The iPhone's battery life would be much better if the iPhone was in standby mode most of the time, like the Samsung phones are. However, since I use my iPhone for doing a bunch of stuff every day, the battery tends discharge. Not a surprise. 
Why is Apple bringing the ads inside. Leaks? If apples pipeline is really as great as Apple says it is, they may be fringing the ads inside just for that reason.
Materials science is a big deal. Recently I was at a lecture where the researcher was discussing the life cycle of new materials. The labs at universities do the basic research, where funding is tight but where all new knowledge starts, then it takes another twenty years of work and invention to make the materials available for general use. The need for new materials is increasing because the problems that need to solved require it. The goal of the scientific and...
Apples competitor is Roku, not Google, in this area along with netflix. And never forget that all are up against the numerous suits who run the content providers. That is everybody's problem.
Perhaps Apple takes the idea of charity seriously. Is an action charitable if you do things which benefits you? There is an old quote which I heard many decades ago and goes something like: "One whose morality follows their self interest has no morality." Me thinks that something like that applies to charity.
Apple needs to do something to stop Amazon. Through government stupidity or collusion, Amazon is given a blank check to maintain its monopoly over books, ebooks in particular, and more and more over other products. Music and movies are still competitive. Amazon can certainly afford to push, these products, though they may not prove to be at the level of quality of Apple. They may eventually get it right.
Apple will never switch from the X86. But, unless Intel can keep up with the innovation that Apple expects, Apple will build their own.
You're making something of nothing with your advice. Apple has not been in the health care business, so it makes sense to go directly to the agency to determine the process and criteria. FDA staff certainly advises companies on rules and regs and prior decisions, but staff only make recommendations, they are not the deciders. Aside from political pressure and agency capture by just those companies they are supposed to regulate (not a rare occurrence), such discussions...
The iwatch has to work under water. I never take my watch off. Shower and swim daily. An old Timex, I replace the wristband every two years. The iwatch will have to be something special to get me to dump the Timex.