or Connect

Posts by waldobushman

Yes. It will be named Windows OS X.
Only by accident would anyone but an idiot put even 30 lbs of force on any phone. As far as I'm concerned, even the HTC One handles the stress just fine. 
Yes. Because investors are speculators. They, or their computers, buy and sell stock based on making a quick buck, not investing in companies based on the long haul. Investors today make their money the old fashioned way: Rape and Pillage. 
Serious problem from the users' perspective. I wonder how many people were affected? But, the problem with the 8.0.1 was so obvious that I fail to understand how even the programmers much less the QA/QC staff could have missed it. That should be the story focused on from a technical and management side. And I find it interesting that the bugs affected only the iPhone 6's and not other iPhones, since TouchID and Cellular are common to iPhone 5s also. But, did it affect all...
I'm sure Tim Cook is not a programmer, to tester, nor does he run the QA etc. But, there is going to be more than one employee in more than a little hot water here. Now, Apple has to supply a fix for iOS 6,7,8.0 users, but also iOS 8.0.1 users.  I think eventually, and the sooner the better Apple needs to allow reinstall older iOS releases. 
Clearly, Apple needs to pull the update ASAP. I started the update from my MBP and during the extract, unplugged the phone. Now, I wonder if iTunes will kill the process.
Both a very entertaining ads. I liked it that JF and JT were not shown and only their voices used. Both of them did a great job.
In Tim Cook's interview Charlie Rose within the last week, Cook reemphasized how impressed and important Beats subscription model was. If there is going to be a shuttering of the subscription service, it's in name only.
I would not be surprised if Apple and China had an agreement that China would use its authority to prevent Apple from offering the 6s in China while allowing Apple to claim China as a preferred country knowing full well that supply would be constrained. If demand had been weaker, then China would have opened the channel to Apple sooner. This way everybody wins.
Apple may not be able to decrypt, but that doesn't mean NSA cannot request the encrypted data, and work on decoding themselves. The key, if you will, is the strength of the encryption method. Are there backdoors, even unknown by Apple, which would allow decryption?