or Connect

Posts by waldobushman

Snowden is probably one of the few Americans who could be called a true patriot. People like the above commeters are a big part of the problem.
Graphics input devices are going to see Apple setting up the iPad as a competing input device. Currently, I don't find the crop of White Board applications very good, but by Apple bringing that functionality deep into the Mac/iPad worlds, these applications should see a significant improvement in function.
We'll see how swift develops. Java is a hog for resources, and Apple devices cannot support java. One might need to think of Swift as a Java alternative.
No Apple TV at WWDC? If the Apple TV is to be the hub for HomeKit, and this is the year to pushing HomeKit out, Apple TV device will definitely move forward but without TV services.
My sense is if you want to work for Apple, you'd better be at the top of your game.
One reason for getting a phone every year is to hand older phones to other family members. For a family of four, it makes sense. 
It doesn't necessarily follow that what Apple is able to do in China they will be able to do in the U.S. It's access to reliable (and "accurate") consistent data pure and simple. Apple will never get clean data in the U.S. Multiple sources, conflicting information, incomplete information dooms Apple, Google and every other mapping vendor. GIGO.
Fitbit, to stay relevant, needs an infusion of cash. Health, fitness and medical sensors are where the business is going. The apple watch is not the last word in this area, and is likely to be almost irrelevant. HealthKit, Researchkit, other Kits will help drive the market for sensors. Apple has the cash to push into the medical and regulatory quagmire for such devices. Fitbit does not. An IPO is absolutely necessary, but the key is not money, but if they are capable of...
My Apple Watch arrived tonight, with the watch indicating 47 minutes used since last charge.
I overheard two genetics researchers talking recently regarding the ethics of general DNA testing. The results so far, they agreed, was that 10% of those whose DNA was sampled were not related to their fathers, to the participants' surprise.DNA testing just for fun can result in quite unexpected consequences and ramifications for all involved.