or Connect

Posts by waldobushman

KDarling is correct. As a lawyer, though not one expert in IP, I like any person with such training and experience recognize the difference between arrogance and well-reasoned arguments. KDarling's are well-reasoned, not arrogant. Whether the legal precedent and the specifics of this fact situation support his argument is beside the point; his argument would form a good legal theory of the case that further legal research in preparation of a legal brief will either confirm...
I disagree with USPTO. If Apple had named this product the "Mini iPad" then the decision would be correct, because the "mini" as I used it is merely an adjective used in the English adjective position. However, "iPad mini" is the product's name, and the "mini" does not stand in the position of an English adjective.    The examples USPTO gives are not applicable and can (and should) be distinguished. Their examples are "DOC-CONTROL" where DOC means Document and was...
How many incompatible versions of Android will there be? Google will have to come up with the Android VM for smart phones so users can decide which Android OS to run to execute the app they want.
Secrecy is a problem but it does seem to be necessary in some competitive situations. The public interest is always present however. To argue that there is NO public interest here is a mistake; there are questions of balance. The courts must also be wary of the use of the court's power and to abuse it. Courts most often are used to badger the weaker opponents in litigation. Even in cases where both opponents can take care of themselves, such as in this Apple vs Samsung...
"Viruses shouldn't be a problem ...." What?!!!! What planet are you from? Where do viruses come from? The web, from connectivity. The only way to keep virus free is disconnect from the world.   I'm running cloud-based software right now as I'm typing this sentence into this forum software. There is no cloud-based software that is not the same as the old website software. The term "the cloud" is marketing, not substantive. I've been running cloud software for over 40...
The ability and mentality to "productize" what is built is key, so I'm in agreement with lkrupp. There might be something to the Open and Closed systems side of the argument in some cases but it's the mentality of those who see Open as available for hacking. If Open is open to encourage customization, then that is where the problems lie; Closed can be open for customization also. The Windows OS is a closed system allowing for customization which makes it both flexible and...
Apple's documentation of the flaw and correction are just facts. Dry and cold. Why read anything more into it?
Please. Just stop watching f**king television -- do something useful.
This film will be the only one worth watching
"Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer". Thus, AppleInsider needs to cover Samsung. I'm sure Apple is. The converse is Apple's problem. With failure in many ways to keep Apple's designs and other features hidden, Apple is unable to keep their enemies at a distance, allowing them time to counter Apple offensives. Thus, for Apple, a solid and reliable Samsung Insider would be valuable.