or Connect

Posts by waldobushman

This rumor has the same validity as WMD.
There is no sacrifice. I looked at the mini and iPad 4 this afternoon and the resolution was extraordinary, indistinguishable. You'd have to be the princess with a pea under her mattress to find the difference important. 
$199 can't be done. No money to recoup manufacturing startup and tooling, prep for multiple component vendors, ensure quality control, design, R&D. 
Cook is not SJ. I doubt SJ needed to mediate anything. SF couldn't outmuscle SJ, and perhaps SF became emboldened after SJ's death, and became more unbearable. Cook (and Board?) couldn't control SF, and SF couldn't control himself, so he was fired. 
Forstall knows a lot about Apple, for sure. But, non-compete clauses, non-disclosure agreements will keep him far away from Apple competitors. 
Agreed. For each new product announcement, 50% of the PR is how incredibly thin it is. What is the point? The thinness is an engineering marvel; I get that. I'm might be just a clod, but I would not have been able to tell the difference if it wasn't pointed out to me. 
I think the key issue with this stitched leather, and other similar design efforts, is that its design and implementation took away from adding and improving functionality. From what I've read (rumors all, of course) is these kind of decisions was an important source of friction between Forstall and Ive.
Over last weekend, I briefly played with the Samsung Galaxy S3 at the AT&T store, where I went to determine when they might be getting iPhone 5s in and play with the demo iPhone 5s they have. I also wanted to see what I would be missing if I continued with the iPhone series as compared to the top of the line Android phone. My answer was not much.   I was very surprised at the flimsy feel of the S3, unresponsive screen, confusing interface (chalk that up to inexperience)....
Your statement on innovation begs the question. What innovations in iOS should Apple develop? Further, yes the interface and appearance remain the same, but what should it be changed to and why?    Change for change sake does not seem to be a good idea. But, we may be seeing some changes now that Forstall will be leaving. One of the rumors is that Forstall was forcing useless design changes on the iOS group and neglecting functional improvements, which Jon Ive wanted. Now...
Ballmer is probably correct. As long as the majority of consumers want everything for nothing, the MSes, Walmarts of the world will sell the most. The problem is capitalism is on its last legs in the US, because most consumers want to pay the least amount they can while using up the most resources they can. One of the biggest problems is corporate merges. The courts have allowed massive merges with the simple condition that the consumer will pay less or no more, believing...