or Connect

Posts by waldobushman

I wouldn't put too much stock in Apple's announcement yet. However, it has been documented, contrary to your statement. Did Apple change the decision, or was it merely a PR fiasco that needed to be addressed more slowly with better control of the PR?    Unless Browett is canned, my bets are the laying off and other changes will continue but in more subtle ways.
You are incorrect on so many levels.     First, you are viewing the business world from the viewpoint of financial accounting. Somebody, somewhere, pretty much around 1900 started redefining accounting from management accounting to financial accounting and short term thinking (quarterly profits) from long term thinking to support public stock ownership by investors who are not interested in long term viability but short term profits. Thus, non-management employees were...
At this time, I would hope JCP allows Johnson to pursue his significant changes there. There might be some quid pro quo or common interests/loyalty between RJ and Apple which would be beneficial to both. In particular (wishful thinking?), RJ is moving aggressively eliminate the need for checkout personnel and moving these folks into real customer service similar to how he changed the Apple store and use of self checkout with RFID/NFC technologies. This is scheduled for...
This judge's comments raise important questions. One is many judge's see the courtroom in which they preside as "their" courtroom and their little fiefdom to control. The second problem might be based on failure of education. Lawyers, which also then may become judges, simply are poorly educated. Sure, they are have degrees in history, English, political science, etc. All very soft.    My guess is that far less than 1% of all judges and attorneys have any...
I wouldn't suggest Papermaster as an example of Browett's problem. Papermaster didn't work out because he did not have the aggressive personality to argue for positions with other higher management -- he was seen as not a good fit for that reason. Browett seems to be a problem for a whole different reason.    If the story here is true, then Cook should can the guy before the stock market opens tomorrow.
Nokia is dead. Nokia can't survive to end of year. Why to these folks lie? How do you close your last manufacturing plant, and then say you're cutting overhead. Overhead are the leaders of Nokia and their cronies. Their manufacturing plant is the only portion of their company that is NOT overhead.
  What does it have to do with a new iPhone. A new iPhone will have the functions described in the patent. Isn't that obvious?   What does the new patent have to do with competitors? If the patent is viable (or even if it is not), then competitors see what Apple has in its future plans. Invaluable, and worthy of NDAs. Competitors now have the time and review the patent, determine its weaknesses and holes, then design around them to create their own devices that can...
Was this patent release a mistake, or is the new iPhone (or other device) nearing release? If Apple is not planning this release for the fall, but perhaps a year or more later, then the publication of this patent now gives competitors as significant head start. If, however, Apple will release, say an iPhone and other devices, in the fall, then this patent publication will have little effect but to 1) stop Windows 8 in its tracks will trying to come up with an answer, 2)...
Excellent observation. Hopefully, parents will be able to ensure a password opt-in for this important function.
Maybe the tactical building will be used to house research and design of components that would eventually be installed in their main building.