or Connect

Posts by waldobushman

As some level, once SJ knew what it's value was to Apple and what he thought was a good price from the sellers viewpoint, he made his offer. This is sometimes called Boulwarism (mistakenly often referred to as "take-it-or-leave-it" bargaining", which is not bargaining at all). However, according a to review article of the book The Truth About Boulwarism: Trying To Do Right Voluntarily, by Lemuel R Boulware, from back in the '60's, such a position was supposedly the best...
I don't agree with your prediction of a larger touch screen. But, what is inevitably in the cards is increased power and functionality of the iPhone, but especially the iPad devices. Apple is moving, and has to move, more functionality to these devices because of the need for these devices to not be tethered to a PC/MBP. The basic app that Apple provides are short on functionality. I'm thinking Calendar and Email especially.   The iOS calendar app is not capable of...
Unless Sharp is cutting back on old iPad screen technology but they and others are ramping up a new screen technology, this cut in production is not a good sign for sales. But as Cook and all have said repeatedly, they are not concerned about the iPad-mini, for example, cutting into the sales of the larger iPad -- they move in the direction the public wants. One thing is clear for Apple, if recent reports are accurate, is that Apple's mindshare among the younger...
Apple needs to be working on functional and UI innovations. The iPhone is not a toy, and shouldn't be marketed as such. SJ had an eye and focus on both functional, usability and style which made Apple profitable and innovative. Then there is this thinner and thinner crowd at Apple. There certainly is internal functional improvements that come with the ability to compress which can translate into functional improvements, but even under SJ I got bored with this promotion....
Can I swim and shower with the watch? Otherwise, don't care. What problems are there that really need solving? 1) Earphones without these long wires that constantly are tangling up. 2) Earphones which I have to identify which is left and which is right -- it should just know! 3) phones that can act as a pager when I really need to take this call -- work or other emergency. 4) Before cell phones, when family called, we each had our own phone set with which we could listen...
You're right. Real men need the AR-15. 
Intel processors and not ARM? Really? Though I can see it now -- the Dick Tracy watch, or maybe the "Get Smart" watch.
Amazon website works because Amazon is an online warehouse/catalog. They aren't in the business of advertising their products, since they don't have any of their own products to sell, except the Kindle. Apple's site exists to sell their products only. However, the same "rich" interface exists for the sale of books, apps, music, which I think is a hindrance. No question, Apple needs to improve both.
The solution is really simple. Ban all assault weapons, and take away all such weapons from current owners. Trivial solution. Quick and easy. No down side.   Only someone who wants to not solve the problem would say the problem is hard.
I expect Apple might be making incremental upgrades to their iPad lines like they do the MBP and MBA lines. Small improvements will just bemade without fanfare. The bigger improvements will be preceded by larger PR campaigns.