or Connect

Posts by waldobushman

My argument was correct and on point, and an appropriate reading of prior USPTO decisions as far as I went. Of course, as an attorney, I hedged my discussion to the point that it was a limited to the examiner's rationale, and wasn't a legal determination.    I can't believe you are gainfully employed. Your comments and views are so pitiful and pathetic that anyone hiring you would be scraping the bottom of the barrel. 
Johnson now clearly was a failure at JCP, so don't bring him back. Wasn't that the argument against bringing SJ back to Apple?
I have no idea if KDarling is an attorney, but as an attorney, I do know KDarling's discussions were fairly on target. I think you have an issue with people smarter than you. 
But, iOS 7, like any complex software project, requires birthing hundreds of babies. 
As an investor, I don't give a damn about the cost of this campus (within reason). If this campus does not reach Wow! then it wasn't worth building for any amount.
Alan Kay has interesting ideas, but he has a severe weakness along with his like-minded colleagues, apparent at Xerox PARC, and with his EToys and Squeak and Smalltalk platforms. They have little skills at productizing and stabilizing their platforms or ideas. Lack of business acumen, perhaps? This is to say, that much of what he pushes is rough-edged research, new ideas that never get polished. Squeak (his Smalltalk platform) in in constant flux (or had been the last I...
A redesign of iOS UI is not a redesign of iOS. I expect iOS and OS X to merge much of their functionality, though not soon -- too difficult and the hardware has not been developed. Keeping the API the same as more functionality is added is far easier than changing the UI since that MUST impact the look and feel of all applications. Apple certainly does not want to double the size of the UI API to accommodate older apps.    Apple certainly does not want to make the...
KDarling is correct. As a lawyer, though not one expert in IP, I like any person with such training and experience recognize the difference between arrogance and well-reasoned arguments. KDarling's are well-reasoned, not arrogant. Whether the legal precedent and the specifics of this fact situation support his argument is beside the point; his argument would form a good legal theory of the case that further legal research in preparation of a legal brief will either confirm...
I disagree with USPTO. If Apple had named this product the "Mini iPad" then the decision would be correct, because the "mini" as I used it is merely an adjective used in the English adjective position. However, "iPad mini" is the product's name, and the "mini" does not stand in the position of an English adjective.    The examples USPTO gives are not applicable and can (and should) be distinguished. Their examples are "DOC-CONTROL" where DOC means Document and was...
How many incompatible versions of Android will there be? Google will have to come up with the Android VM for smart phones so users can decide which Android OS to run to execute the app they want.