or Connect

Posts by waldobushman

"Viruses shouldn't be a problem ...." What?!!!! What planet are you from? Where do viruses come from? The web, from connectivity. The only way to keep virus free is disconnect from the world.   I'm running cloud-based software right now as I'm typing this sentence into this forum software. There is no cloud-based software that is not the same as the old website software. The term "the cloud" is marketing, not substantive. I've been running cloud software for over 40...
The ability and mentality to "productize" what is built is key, so I'm in agreement with lkrupp. There might be something to the Open and Closed systems side of the argument in some cases but it's the mentality of those who see Open as available for hacking. If Open is open to encourage customization, then that is where the problems lie; Closed can be open for customization also. The Windows OS is a closed system allowing for customization which makes it both flexible and...
Apple's documentation of the flaw and correction are just facts. Dry and cold. Why read anything more into it?
Please. Just stop watching f**king television -- do something useful.
This film will be the only one worth watching
"Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer". Thus, AppleInsider needs to cover Samsung. I'm sure Apple is. The converse is Apple's problem. With failure in many ways to keep Apple's designs and other features hidden, Apple is unable to keep their enemies at a distance, allowing them time to counter Apple offensives. Thus, for Apple, a solid and reliable Samsung Insider would be valuable.
straight to netflix
My guess is Google will lose control of Android to Samsung. It don't see any other Android company able to innovate with Android like Samsung. What will this mean for Android as a whole?  Samsung might simply permanently branch Android off into their own OS, give a different name perhaps, with Google's Android withering away along with Windows 8. 
They have never missed a quarter. They have missed the analyst's estimates, not their own guidances.
I didn't forget Jon Ive. I had hopes for him but he hasn't appeared as spokesman -- and I was expecting him to when he was promoted to upper management. And the few times I've watched him speak, he is the quiet, thoughtful guy, perhaps charming, but decidedly not a salesman.    Now, at upper management, they still have to bring in a retail guy. Can they bring somebody in to run retail and ooze enthusiasm, joy, excitement, knows retail, sees the market as it can be?