or Connect

Posts by waldobushman

Over last weekend, I briefly played with the Samsung Galaxy S3 at the AT&T store, where I went to determine when they might be getting iPhone 5s in and play with the demo iPhone 5s they have. I also wanted to see what I would be missing if I continued with the iPhone series as compared to the top of the line Android phone. My answer was not much.   I was very surprised at the flimsy feel of the S3, unresponsive screen, confusing interface (chalk that up to inexperience)....
Your statement on innovation begs the question. What innovations in iOS should Apple develop? Further, yes the interface and appearance remain the same, but what should it be changed to and why?    Change for change sake does not seem to be a good idea. But, we may be seeing some changes now that Forstall will be leaving. One of the rumors is that Forstall was forcing useless design changes on the iOS group and neglecting functional improvements, which Jon Ive wanted. Now...
Ballmer is probably correct. As long as the majority of consumers want everything for nothing, the MSes, Walmarts of the world will sell the most. The problem is capitalism is on its last legs in the US, because most consumers want to pay the least amount they can while using up the most resources they can. One of the biggest problems is corporate merges. The courts have allowed massive merges with the simple condition that the consumer will pay less or no more, believing...
Talking about me? Okay, just before turning out the lights, I might spend some time doing a crossword puzzle. The rest of the time, when on the iPad, it's business not play. Yes, some of my books read on the iPad are for casual reading, like the tell-all book by Rielle Hunter, John Edwards ex-mistress; written well, but gets one star from the morally outraged, so it must be good, or the original screen play to "Groundhog Day", just for fun.    So, for many of us, fun and...
Not even a fair fight: a legal ruling vs the PR machine of an innovative company like Apple.
Cook was also asked about pricing products like Amazon, where they sell Kindles near cost or below. Would Apple consider doing the same. Cook significantly said that looking at the web traffic for iPads vs competitors, the competitors devices are not being used after purchase.
The Surface will have free rein in the market unless Apple is able to deliver their products in a timely fashion. It doesn't matter how great Apple's products are if they can't get them into the customer's hands. Having 3-4 week or more delivery time is not going to cut it.
The problems with production are real. The truth is pushing the stock lower by 100 points from Apple's high.    Fact. The earliest the out of stock stores can will be getting iPhone 5 is mid December. I expect the same for the iPads, iMacs, and MBPs. Once the initial supplies are gone, you'll have to wait a long time. Analysts would be best cutting Apple's sales by 1/2 to have any chance of being in the ballpark of actual sales. 
It doesn't matter how great a product Apple designs if they can't produce it. Apple is becoming another Tesla Motors. Their stock is now about 100 points below their high of just a couple months ago and that plunge is deserved. They cannot compromise on quality but they can't push the suppliers passed what they can do. Is Samsung really that much better at building quality components than everyone else? If that is the case, Samsung's got Apple over the proverbial...
Those who complain about buying the iPad 3 and now the iPad 4 is out with twice the speed, and other features really shouldn't complain. As an iPad 2 user, the iPad 3 did not have the specs to make the upgrade worthwhile. Adding retina display was simply not worth it to me. If it was worth it to you, then you made a good purchase. If it was not, then it's your fault. The iPad 4 now IS a worthy update to the iPad 2. I certainly don't expect an iPad 5 coming Spring 2013...