or Connect

Posts by waldobushman

As soon as Apple said the Map team was on "lockdown" to fix the problems, I knew Cook and clan are incompetent. "Lockdown" is management-speak for management's view that their employees are miscreants, and must be chained to their desks to get work done. Oh, and that the CEO's and other management were not at fault, say, forcing employees to perform work against their advice that their was not enough support for getting the job done and the time frame demanded by...
Solves the problem syncing iPad and iPhone with iTunes. I wouldn't have guessed iPhoto was the problem, but glad it is fixed.
Apple seems to be taking its cues from Micrsoft. There are no problems; they are features. Anyone taking bets that Apple's stock will drop into the low 500s before the end of the year?
Systemic QC failure at Apple. Quality and correctness is being abandoned. The list of small holes in this ship will eventually sink Apple. Time for the Apple Board to put Cook and clan on notice and start internal investigations. Not acceptable. It's the well-known broken window problem; it needs to be fixed NOW.
I thought map caching was one of the key needs which Maps was to deliver. I haven't the opportunity to test this yet, but it was one of the weaknesses of Google that Apple was trying to overcome in its version.
Schiller's response could not have been in response to hyperventilating hysteria because Schiller went too far in the admission if it were to be addressing only hysteria, or a few bad iPhone 5's or iPhone 5s that had been significantly mishandled by owners. I do expect aluminum to scratch and have other flaws when, say, hit with a hammer or the actions of 2 year olds you describe. But, Schiller's comments did not address that the iPhone 5 was not ruggedized and was not...
The mention of other competitors is minor. What is not minor is the inference that it will be quite a while before Apple corrects the problems with its own solution, and offers services at least comparable to its competitors. That, alone, is telling. It seems honest, by that inference.
To say that that the scratches are isolated to a few dozen, and therefore should be discounted, flies in the face of Shiller's comments that aluminum is supposed to scratch and that is normal. Please, get a clue. In the law, we call that an admission against interest. You clearly suffer from the belief that factless arguments have persuasive value -- I suppose you and your like-"minded" cohorts believe that, but those of us with functioning neurons certainly don't buy...
Of course I know what I'm talking about. I've installed iOS 6 on my iPhone 4S. It draws battery power noticeably more when compared to iOS 5, maps don't work correctly, Siri seems faster, apps seem to execute faster, sync with iTunes does not work (I have to either delete an app, or add an app before the sync completes without error), I've HEARD that the aluminum back on the iPhone 5 scratches and Apple says that should be expected, the white iPhone 5 bleeds light (I...
Criticism of Apple may be overboard but substantial criticism is due. iOS 6 maps and other problems are worthy of criticism. My concern is this is symptomatic of problems generally at Apple, obvious flaws like we've witnessed with iOS 6 and apps, and scratching of the aluminum in the iPhone 5 should never have made it out the door and certainly not made it past user testing. QC is lacking, and is underappreciated at Apple now. Cook and clan, being spreadsheet guys, are...