or Connect

Posts by waldobushman

Confusion? USPTO may be right. Remember this is about the American consumer.
Analysts everywhere for all companies behave the same way. Those for Apple, because they keep tight control over information about forthcoming products, must continue to report something. Analysts are in the business of making money buying and selling stock; no transaction, no money. Transactions are executed among brokers and brokers and the public who hold Apple stock. Each broker manages transactions between their clients making fees coming and going. Clients are all...
There is no reason that this professor would have needed to sign an NDA nor become a consultant to Apple. If Apple employees were merely asking an expert about the science and engineering of sapphire, and was not divulging Apple secrets during that encounter, no NDA would be necessary.The other reality is that NDA's are not valid if you actually do not disclose confidential information. It unnecessarily compromises the rights of the people signing. The professor also has...
I have an Apple TV. From what I can tell, Roku doesn't give me anything more than Apple TV does. That might be because I only pay for Netflix and nothing more. Roku does seem to offer more channels that I would have to pay for -- but ain't gonna'. But, Apple TV does give me access to my music library, iTunes movies and good enough free channels, and the ability to display screen shots from my Macs on the TV. I'm cheap, and have few wants (these certainly are not needs)....
For many people their desire to propagandize will always override facts. But, I have posted this letter several times in the last year. I'm seeing references to it now. Some people do learn, whereas before, there were none but mine.There's progress -- too rare and not enough -- but it is occurring.
Really, got to get rid of "diversity" since it's just discrimination in reverse?  Let's see. Want to sell products India? Better has some diversity somewhere. How about in Brazil? Mexico, Peru, Chile, France, Italy, Greece. Turkey, Egypt, Israel. Kenya, Nigeria. Black Americans, Indian Americans, Hispanic Americans. By all means, you only need old white men -- we are born unbiased and all knowing. I know I was -- just like you. 
To answer your Gore diatribe: Al Gore and the Internet By Robert Kahn and Vinton CerfDated: 28 Sep 2000 Al Gore was the first political leader to recognize the importance of the Internet and to promote and support its development.  No one person or even small group of persons exclusively invented the Internet. It is the result of many years of ongoing collaboration among people in government and the university community. But as the two people who designed the basic...
The iPhone's battery life would be much better if the iPhone was in standby mode most of the time, like the Samsung phones are. However, since I use my iPhone for doing a bunch of stuff every day, the battery tends discharge. Not a surprise. 
Why is Apple bringing the ads inside. Leaks? If apples pipeline is really as great as Apple says it is, they may be fringing the ads inside just for that reason.
Materials science is a big deal. Recently I was at a lecture where the researcher was discussing the life cycle of new materials. The labs at universities do the basic research, where funding is tight but where all new knowledge starts, then it takes another twenty years of work and invention to make the materials available for general use. The need for new materials is increasing because the problems that need to solved require it. The goal of the scientific and...