or Connect

Posts by MoXoM

Regular System Partition. There seemed to be a few errors on Permission regarding Java for some reason. I don't know if this is why the Software Update failed last night (or maybe Apple Servers just busy). This was the first time I have ever had a problem doing any updates via Software Update. Anyway, Disk Verification / Repair was successful...
Finally managed to get everything working after getting the error below via Software Update: Strangely enough, when I went to turn off my Mac last night, I was then prompted to either 'Install Update then Shutdown' or just 'Shutdown'. I chose the latter. Here are the steps that I took before downloading/installing update: 1) Turn off iMac 2) Unplug TimeMachine HD 3) Restart iMac and launch Disk Utility 4) Verify / Repair Macintosh HD 5) Download Lion 10.7.3 Client...
Hmm... strange...
Good luck!! Hmm.. I don't think it matters - but I could be wrong...
Oh boy.... Guess I'll try again tomorrow...
Downloading from the UK...
The 10.7.3 update is recommended for all OS X Lion users and includes general operating system fixes that improve the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac including fixes that: Add Catalan, Croatian, Greek, Hebrew, Romanian, Slovak, Thai, and Ukrainian language support Address issues when using smart cards to log into OS X Resolve issues authenticating with directory services Address compatibility issues with Windows file sharing For detailed information on...
Wow - Dixons Retail certainly getting a kicking here. As someone who currently works in the Vision department of a Currys/PC World Megastore (previously a Mac Buddy for our Apple Shop-in-shop), this is very disappointing to see. There has been a real push towards raising Customer Service standards (through the FIVES initiative) and KnowHow Services to offer a more tailored solution to our customers. Things aren't perfect but I have seen improvements. Anyway,...
Awesome!! This should help improve battery life enormously (just like on my old iPhone 3G)