or Connect

Posts by am8449

Very clever idea! Even if you're not pointing it straight forward, it can help you avoid tripping or if you're in New York, stepping on dog doo.
I live in a small town in Japan, and most people here have iPhones. It was a surprise to me, because I had had the media-influenced notion that Japanese did not use the iPhone much.   I think Apple's marketshare in Japan can only go up. In general, Japanese are fairly conformist, so if something becomes an established norm (like owning an iPhone), almost everyone will do the same.
This and a few other of Apple's recent ads have looked very design-y, focusing on line and color.  I suspect this is Jony's influence.  They're beautiful and clean.   But I do miss the wit and inspirational tone of Steve-era ads like "I'm a Mac, I'm a PC" and "Here's to the crazy ones."
I think sometimes Steve doesn't get enough credit for his business acumen.   If he hadn't been wise and practical enough to make that deal with Microsoft, It's possible that Apple wouldn't have survived.  It was an unpopular decision, and it even got him booe'd by the Apple faithful at its announcement, but it was a very smart move in hindsight.   That took a lot of balls, and is one more example of his greatness as a CEO.
This is great news!  Some free preliminary market research for Apple to use when they launch their own product.
Folks on Yelp have been hungry for this functionality since forever.  I wonder what took them so long?
Can't wait to use the new mapping features.
Somehow, the unscrupulous makers of these knock-off chargers will try to scam this takeback program.  Guaranteed.
    I agree with both of these sentiments.  However, it's hard to tell whether Jony is making changes because he's continuing to tweak his own design, or in response to developers' feedback.  Also, given that the iOS experience is in large part about 3rd party apps, iOS is kinda like an eternal work-in-progress where developers continually play with, evolve and improve the UI.  So I'm not too concerned about having to love the new UI changes because they will not be set...