or Connect

Posts by am8449

That article is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read.  The opening paragraph should've started with the words "According to non-sensical research done by an uninformed troll..."
HopStop is indeed a great app.  And I'm sure the acquisition will go a long ways in improving Maps.   However, I liked Apple's original idea of leaving public transit to 3rd-party developers.  The companies that run the subways, buses, and other public transit are in the best position to create these apps—they have the resources and nuanced knowledge of their own systems.  They just need to get their asses moving, and fill in the gap.  Perhaps this is Apple's way to...
Those code names sound ridiculous. Sounds like something Samesung would come up with. But for Apple? No way.
  I agree.  I've been wanting to buy a new MacBook Air, but have been waiting on this kind of bug-fix release before I pull the trigger.  That way, I don't have to go through the trouble of installing the update myself.
Can't wait for the day when I no longer have to remember passwords.
If Apple is in fact making a phone with a fingerprint sensor, I hope they'll make sure it's flawless before releasing it.  That is the kind of tech that you want to be rock solid and not fiddly at all.
Isn't it interesting that all three dropped the iPhone around the same time? Maybe they are trying to gain some leverage by working in concert. I wonder how the Russian consumer will react to this. Perhaps they'll switch carriers in droves.
I don't think I'll ever have use for Glass, but I hope it succeeds.  I'm sure there are other people out there who could really use this for work or for their personal lives.  Bio-chemists or quadriplegics, for example.
This is a helpful invention from Apple.   New users of in-ear, noise-canceling earphones sometimes complain that the sound they get is terrible.  This is usually the result of not getting a good seal.  Having an alert or adjustment to the sound would help to alleviate this problem.
Remember when Steve wanted iPhone developers to only make web apps?  That seems like it was ages ago.   Good thing he changed his mind about letting third-party developers create native apps.  I doubt anyone at the time could've imagined the wild success the app store would turn out to be.