or Connect

Posts by am8449

I can't listen to it.At first, I got an error message saying something about it not being on the server. But now, it just says "Loading Movie..." and keeps spinning forever.Anyone else having this problem? Or have any tips to make it work?UPDATE: Never mind, it's working now. Servers must be overloaded.
I applaud Tim Cook for going the extra mile to demonstrate that Apple is doing its best to be responsible. However, I think he should also take a page from Steve Jobs' book and shift some of the blame to where it rightly belongs. Steve rightly put the onus on Adobe for Flash's poor performance and subsequent exclusion from iOS devices. Similarly, Tim should highlight the fact that ultimately, it's the manufacturer's responsibility to treat their workers fairly. These...
Last month, I saw an unfamiliar iTunes charge of $30-something dollars on my credit card statement. When I checked my purchase history on my iTunes account, the charge was not there. According to Apple, my credit card number was used to open another account and make purchases. They said they've since shut down that account. I think I may be one of the customers who've suffered the effects of these Chinese iTunes account hijackers.
I like how Apple's Siri commercials show what you can do with the new phone. Compare that to these kinds of Android commercials, which are only about the specs. http://youtu.be/9cU7MX1q9lI Some people complain that Apple products are all shine and no substance. I'd say Android commercials give off that image more, if you just look at the marketing.
It hadn't occurred to me how cleverly designed this was until you mentioned it. I did notice how nicely the lid separated from the box, but now that I think about it, imagine the terrible alternatives. Imagine if the lid were just slightly too big, and the box would just drop out and plunk your brand new iPhone on the table with a thud. Or the lid might be so tight that you'd need something to pry it away from the box. The details really do show how passionate Apple is...
Thanks for this explanation. I couldn't quite understand why AT&T would agree to such punitive terms, but it makes more sense after reading this.
I guess lucked out, cuz I got in on this deal when I bought my iMac on Black Friday two months ago. Got a $99 printer for free. Didn't have to mail anything in, and in fact, I don't remember filling out any forms online either. A couple weeks after my purchase, I received a check from Apple for $100. Easy peasy. Completely painless, compared to all the other rebates I've ever gotten before.
True, especially when it involves a secretive company like Apple.
Agreed. Just look at the iMac & Mac Pro. Their physical form factor hasn't changed much in the last few years.
A large, touch-screen tv seems silly to me. Especially with those slimy corporate types touching it all day. I wonder how much it would cost to build multi-touch into a 40"+ surface.