or Connect

Posts by am8449

I see no great benefit from removing the home button.   People love buttons. Everyone knows how to use one, you get sensory feedback from it, and pushing a button is satisfying (according to research).   So I doubt that Apple would remove the home button for a few small benefits. Maybe if it was forced to in order to accommodate a new breakthrough technology.
 Thank you for the information, but this is not news to me. I had looked into replacing the battery, but ultimately decided against it after reading many negative reviews of aftermarket batteries being unreliable (i.e., worse performance than used original)  and sometimes even damaging iPhones. I'm currently waiting to upgrade to the 6S.
I'm looking forward to the underground walking directions.   I live in New York City and have also lived in Tokyo, and in many of the larger subway/train stations, finding your way to the proper exit is a pain in the ass without specific directions. I wonder how Apple will solve the problem of determining a user's location below ground where there is no GPS signal.   It's nice to see Apple not only reaching parity with Google Maps and other mass transit apps, but also...
This is good news for iPhone 4S users like me, who are still on the original battery and have to be in Airplane Mode most of the day just to make it through the day without charging.   I'm very glad Apple is still thinking of those of us who are on older hardware.
I wonder if this is too soon to let developers have native capabilities.   Generally speaking, it's often helpful to take small steps when starting something new, in this case, making an app for a new, very small device. It might be in a developer's best interests to be restricted to Apple's current scheme for now, until they really learn the ropes. And after mastering the basics, then have full native access.   Anyway, it's just a thought.
I hope this doesn't mean Jony stops working hands-on in the workshop. He seems to really like that, and losing his skills in that area would not be good.
If they could make this work well, it would eliminate the switching back and forth from trackpad to keyboard that we do a million times a day. It would be convenient and ergonomically better, I think.   Over the past year, I have had a mysterious soreness in my left shoulder blade and couldn't understand why. Recently, I realized that it was caused by my starting to use a MacBook as my main computer.   When you use a MacBook, you have to make ergonomic trade-offs....
 I think you are missing something. I tried on the sport band at the Apple Store and it felt very high quality. The material felt silky smooth, unlike any kind of plastic or rubber I've ever come across. To me, it felt almost like a soft cloth. There were no rough parts or seams that would chafe, and it was very comfortable and I could imagine wearing it happily all day. Also, it's incredibly thoughtfully designed. Take a look at your wrist. Have you ever noticed that if...
I think it's smart of Apple to market the watch to women. Of the people I know, more women than men use iPhones. I'd guess that this is the case for the public at large, that the percentage of women who use iPhones is greater than the percentage of men. I also think women are more likely to spend the money on the fashionable Apple Watch, than men are likely to spend the money on the Apple smart Watch.
How about this theory: Apple is developing an unmanned car for the purpose of collecting map data. And if that is successful, eventually produce a self-driving car? Kinda like how Apple TV has been a "hobby" for many years, and may or may not turn into something more.