or Connect

Posts by am8449

This strategy caught me totally by surprise, and it seems to be working superbly for Apple. It's amazing that the 3GS is still in demand even though it's a couple years old already. A testament to its quality and good design. I'd still be using mine if I hadn't been enticed by the excellent camera on the 4S. I doubt Android phones have the same longevity. In fact, two of my friends who bought Android phones recently and are already sick of them within a matter of months.
Reminds me of what they do occasionally at Woot
I'm also a happy Airport Extreme convert. I definitely don't miss resetting my router every few weeks. Unplug, wait 30 seconds... plug in again
Although I've heard it before, it still surprises me every time I hear of how much demand there is for iPhones in China. We're talking about a place that's abundant with decent knock-offs for a fraction of the price. This is a good sign of not only the brand-recognition but also the quality of iPhones.
I'm guessing that Apple will use whatever they learn from this app in its upcoming implementation of the rumored NFC e-wallet in the iPhone.
Wow, Taiwan in a headline! Young folks in Taiwan love the iPhone/iPad. Case in point, my cousin (30s) lost his iPhone 4 half a year ago, and because he keeps up with the rumors, was already planning to buy the 5 this summer (which didn't end up launching). And he's neither an Apple enthusiast nor a gadget geek. Also, Apple is in the local newspapers all the time because many of the manufacturers are Taiwan companies (with factories in China).
Just a guess here, but it seems like Microsoft's move to deliver their OS digitally opens them up to some malware problems. A hacker could sneak their malware into this digital download process, maybe mid-stream or through phishing scams. Both of which are potential new problems with delivering them over the internet. I suppose Apple faces the same problems too, but less so because their system is a bit more closed.
This to me is the one most likely feature to be in the next iPad. It also is the most significant change, from a business standpoint. Apple will be able to make just two versions of the next iPad--WiFi and WiFi+3G--and benefit from that efficiency.
I believe that since the Mac's shift to Intel (or maybe even before), Apple has wisely chosen to develop parallel versions of the Mac OS that run on different CPU architectures. That way they're less susceptible to the kind of problems they had with PowerPC. Hell, they might even have a copy of Lion running on PowerPC hardware in one of their labs. Just in case.
Nice final touch.