or Connect

Posts by am8449

Can you imagine any 6 year-old kid wanting a netbook for Christmas?
I can imagine a cool scenario for using this function. Your family gathers for a group photo. You set-up your iPhone 4S on a little tripod and frame the shot. You walk over and take your place next to your aunt. When everyone's ready, you speak into your connected bluetooth earpiece: "Take a photo in 3 seconds" and take off the earpiece. Siri snaps your family photo. You check the photo and see that it's too dark. "One more!" you tell everyone as you get back into...
One of my main reasons for upgrading from a 3GS is for the better camera. With the 4S, I can stop carrying my big, old point-and-shoot. One less gadget to carry.
I completely agree.These Chinese environmentalist groups are barking up the wrong tree. They should be having meetings with the suppliers and their local governments. But they would probably be "disappeared" if they did.This is all a political game played by the Chinese government. They sic these (maybe well-meaning) environmentalists on foreign companies like Apple to get publicity, but meanwhile, they harass environmental lawyers who are fighting against domestic...
Although iCloud seems like an great idea, I wonder how much use the average user (like me) would get out of it. Can anyone offer anecdotes on how they use it on a day-to-day basis?
If there are anti-monopoly laws in S. Korea, Samsung may want to keep Apple around as a competitor because Koreans buy mostly domestic goods.
Although Apple doesn't see the Fire as a threat, the fact that the Fire has a color screen and does apps & media tells me that it _is_ in fact trying to compete with the iPad. I think a safer bet for Amazon would've been to continue the Kindle line as a strict black & white e-reader, making it ever cheaper and power efficient with each iteration. As it stands now, the Fire will attract the reading consumer and the iPad will attract the web-browsing, gaming consumer. ...
I don't think Siri will be Apple TV's killer feature.According to Gruber of Daring Fireball, Apple's future TV paradigm will most likely be based on the app model.Imagine turning on your Apple TV and getting a home screen much like the iPhone: an icon grid of 16 of your favorite tv shows and a dock of 4 persistent icons to the left (because we're in landscape orientation).The dock will have live tv, Youtube, music, and the iTunes store. The grid of 16 will be your...
I remember there being a debate at the time about the merits of PowerPC's RISC processor architecture vs. Intel's CISC architecture. Some in the pro-PowerPC camp liked that Apple used an exotic CPU, and that it added to the appeal of Macs being different (meaning, better). And the pro-CISC camp hoping a move to Intel would make CPUs cheaper for Apple. In hindsight, it's pretty clear the move to Intel CPUs made Macs much more appealing for PC switchers, being able to...
Wow, those comments were refreshingly brutal.