or Connect

Posts by am8449

One could make the point that social initiatives are part of the process of making great products. For example, choosing to hire a diverse work force which includes women, minorities, and gays. I guess it all depends on whether you're for or against a particular issue. Personally, I'm glad that Apple is trying to do good in areas like health care (with Research Kit), where it seems to only tangentially help them sell products, but has the potential to effect positive change.
What's the rationale behind artists getting paid during the trial period?   Apple doesn't make money during the trial period, so why should artists expect to? The way I see it, Apple and the artists are jointly enticing users to subscribe to Apple Music with the free trial period, so shouldn't both parties take on that promotion/risk?   Feel free to correct me if my logic is wrong or missing something.
 I haven't tried the new taptic trackpad, but it's great to hear that it performs well. My comments were in the context of an iPhone without a home button at all, as the mock-up photos show. But if Apple's haptic feedback tech is as good as you say, maybe I could see them replacing the physical home button with a virtual one. But what would happen with the rest of the "chin" surrounding the button? Isn't one rationale for removing the home button to gain more screen real...
 That's interesting. I had assumed that electrical parts were more finicky and prone to needing repair than physical parts.
I see no great benefit from removing the home button.   People love buttons. Everyone knows how to use one, you get sensory feedback from it, and pushing a button is satisfying (according to research).   So I doubt that Apple would remove the home button for a few small benefits. Maybe if it was forced to in order to accommodate a new breakthrough technology.
 Thank you for the information, but this is not news to me. I had looked into replacing the battery, but ultimately decided against it after reading many negative reviews of aftermarket batteries being unreliable (i.e., worse performance than used original)  and sometimes even damaging iPhones. I'm currently waiting to upgrade to the 6S.
I'm looking forward to the underground walking directions.   I live in New York City and have also lived in Tokyo, and in many of the larger subway/train stations, finding your way to the proper exit is a pain in the ass without specific directions. I wonder how Apple will solve the problem of determining a user's location below ground where there is no GPS signal.   It's nice to see Apple not only reaching parity with Google Maps and other mass transit apps, but also...
This is good news for iPhone 4S users like me, who are still on the original battery and have to be in Airplane Mode most of the day just to make it through the day without charging.   I'm very glad Apple is still thinking of those of us who are on older hardware.
I wonder if this is too soon to let developers have native capabilities.   Generally speaking, it's often helpful to take small steps when starting something new, in this case, making an app for a new, very small device. It might be in a developer's best interests to be restricted to Apple's current scheme for now, until they really learn the ropes. And after mastering the basics, then have full native access.   Anyway, it's just a thought.
I hope this doesn't mean Jony stops working hands-on in the workshop. He seems to really like that, and losing his skills in that area would not be good.