or Connect

Posts by am8449

I was thinking the same thing as auxio. My mother used to work in China as an accountant, and according to her, local officials stopped by their company regularly to demand bribes. At one point, when the company decided not to pay, they were made to jump through ridiculous bureaucratic hoops to keep from being shut down. I think what Maestro64 says makes sense, that China sees value in Apple because of the jobs and industry it brings into the country, so it makes PR moves...
Looks interesting. Maybe a little sensationalistic from the looks of the trailer. But interesting nonetheless.
This is a great story. Especially because it highlights the fact that a typical user can shoot great photos with the iPhone.   It would've been easier, and much less meaningful, for Apple to hire professional photographers to shoot photos on the iPhone for this ad campaign. But opening up the search criteria to anyone shooting with an iPhone, gives the ads that much more oomph.
Sounds like a cool idea. But I've read that many people lose their Apple TV remotes because they are so small. It would be a shame to lose one with a TouchID sensor.
 I've been struggling to understand why Apple obscuring specific sales figures for the Watch is a competitive advantage. What the two of you (sog35 & spheric) have written is helpful and enlightening. So, thank you! Are there any other strategic considerations you can think of to keep the sales figures under wraps?
I like these ads. They're short and sweet. And even a little whimsical.   The recent Apple ads (I forget for what product) that were narrated were sometimes... corny. I like how quiet these ads are, in tone and sales pitch. 
Solar power seems much better suited to the Apple Watch or iPhone. I wonder if this patent is a misdirection, and the technology will find its way into portables instead, despite what's written. Doesn't the description "a device...[with] transparent touch sensitive surfaces" sound like the Watch or iPhone?
As others have said, it seems that many parents buy iPod Touches for their children. I'm guessing the inability for the child to rack up a gigantic phone bill is a benefit of the iPod Touch. I think this works in Apple's favor, introducing youngsters to Apple products early. Before getting my first iPhone, I had thought of doing something similar. But not being able to call someone I'm meeting if we can't find each other was a deal breaker for me. It's cool that you can...
I wonder who are buying iPod Touches.   Can anyone who has bought one recently chime in and say how you're using it?
I wonder if the shift toward a-la-carte TV will further push the major networks to streamline their content, and/or spin them off into separate channels. Like ABC news only, or NBC reality only channels.