or Connect

Posts by am8449

This photo where the iPhone's screen is facing down, makes the thing look like a casket.  I'm glad this design was buried.  
Is the home button really big enough to scan a fingerprint?   A full-sized fingerprint, such as those taken by the police, are of the entire surface of the first section of one's finger.  The current home button is maybe only half that size, if that.  I doubt that Apple would make the home button any bigger just to accommodate this.   Are there any fingerprint scanning experts here who can shed some light on this?
I don't quite understand why the headline is written the way it is. Wouldn't Apple possibly benefit from using this tech too?
Imagine if you worked in this campus, and were going directly across the way to have an argument with a co-worker.  I bet by the time you cross the wooded meadow in the middle and reach the other side, you wouldn't feel like arguing anymore.    Or instead, maybe they'll have shuttle chairs (similar to the ones for scooting old people up the stairs) inside the building that whisk you around to the other side.  Then that same argument would turn into a fist-fight, like...
I've often thought that one way to solve these concussion problems is to get rid of all padding and helmets, kind of like the old days.   Without all that armor, players would think twice about how they tackle, because they might crack their own skulls in the process.   I used to play rugby, where neither padding nor helmets are used.  There are proper tackling techniques which are injury-free and get the job done.  Putting your head down and ramming an opponent,...
I think this paragraph needs fixing.
  Your comment makes sense to me, intuitively.  But please give a concrete example of how 3D and 2D design requires different sets of skills, so that I can understand your point better.
Great news! T-Mobile is one of the few carriers that has affordable prepaid service. Hope they keep their prices low, and don't force iPhone users to upgrade to post-paid like AT&T did.
That's no unboxing video.  Where's the trembling hands and giddy commentary?!     I find the chin useful for adjusting the tilt on my iMac without smudging the screen.
I live in New York City, and can confirm 3G speeds on T-Mobile in certain parts of the city, like in the borough of Queens. Very psyched that this is happening, as I've been stuck on slow-as-molasses 2G speed. Hope they keep rolling out more coverage here.