or Connect

Posts by wdowell

It is utterly lamentable how appalling the state of photo saving / sharing is. How did they launch iOS 8 with this not all properly sorted and a Mac App for heaven's sake? I know i know it's due but his isn't hard. Flickr , google and even Microsoft have been churning this stuff for years - smarter web apps, more generous storage (basically unlimited). Hell even Amazon seems tk be racing ahead with photos. And to just take the piss they're still happy to promote the...
It's funny how many  insider followers are dismissive of opinions of apple analysts and share prices - unless of course it is high at which point they like to laugh at other companies with lower stuff. At the end of the day sentiment is what runs the show - not necessary accurate rational thinking
Have to admit I was confused by this and closed the app when i couldn't see a dismiss box. Glad it's been fixed. Most trials end in auto payments so it's hardly unsurprising really
Few facts in this article. Mostly speculative. And almost certainly wrong at that! Please, if you're going to pretend to be a business analysts understand at least get to grips with what your speculating on, and above all, don't insert junk about opec lowering the price just to get at the USA. That is one theory but certainly not a confirmed fact ! There's not a single source provided for all these shipping cost variables etc
 Though I personally don't want anything to do with Beats as a 30 year old who hates this rage of crappy musak, I fear that there is a huge younger generation (10-22) who are much more likely to value it..  It may well make business sense for Apple to take a dual approach with the branding to serve the two audiences, but I'm not sure that's workable. So ultimately they'll target it to their future market rather than an ageing one..  
 Zune did this but everybody poo-poo'd it. Frankly, looking back, that was a great service in a slick app (Im not taking about the hardware.. that was another story!)
As I continue to pay the full fee (in the UK) for iTunes Match and NOT benefit from the value of iTunes Radio - which they've essentially abandoned before roll-out - all mentions on the UK website were erased, it initially said "coming soon" - we shall see what happens internationally with this.
Will be interesting to see if Spotify/Deezer and others dont complain to EU competition authorities about this.
The EU and various EU national state consumer protection boards/associations forced this. It's a good chance.
it's fun to see Americans getting to grips with wave to pay..