or Connect

Posts by wdowell

You're quite right  - a Global version does exist - and used it when i was living in Brussels, I paid for it. but it's not really the same in terms of scope. It's mainly , though by no means exclusively, 'archive' type stuff. The UK version has practically everything  on catch up and includes watching the channels live.
lol :D
Sure. well, they can do that, surely, no?     1) They do it for the many US centric channels! 2) BBC iPlayer is available on other set top boxes so i don't think it's a BBC side issue. 3) Just like with the (UK version of) iPlayer on the iPad and iPhone too - It's available on the UK store only. Sure some people will use VPN and set up a UK account, but I can't see why Apple can't give the BBC a space for UK registered accounts.  I suspect it's more to do with the...
The tiring thing about Apple TV it remains so US centric with it's various channel additions..  Why can't they add BBC iplayer for a start? Oh yea, because it's almost too good!
Thanks for your enlightening contribution.
 ? I was referring to "S Health" and the rumoured Healthbook in iOS 8. Sorry if i was unclear.
?  I was referring to "S Health" and the rumoured Healthbook in iOS 8.
 LOL. Honestly, I wouldn't be writing this on my iMac and listening to music on my iPhone now (and charging my iPad the other side of the room) if i didn't love apple. but you make a good point - I was trying to defuse potential accusations that i was some sort of Samsung lurker! manifestly it didn't work :)Frankly, I say: let Samsung do their announcement whenever. It shouldn't be a cause of hysteria and silly posts that pretend to guess that we know 1) what apple is...
I love my apple gadgets and frankly hate the samsung junk, but frankly it's a bit rich of Apple folk to say Samsung wants to jump the gun on Apple's health stuff, given that they were first with the health app, and the various hardware health monitors. Sure, i know the pulse thing is complete gimmick as it does nothing more than an app and the normal camera, but given that Apple hasnt announced anything at this point, many could argue Apple is copying Samsung..
Re the apparent lack of true-tone it could be the "5c" type version. They could be reserving that feature for the higher version - which is likely to be even bigger (sigh) I dont believe this is an iPod Touch - due to the uneccessary breaks in the back , unless they add cellular connectivity like an iPad of course.. which could be appealing.. in which case it would also resolve the issue of the 5c space too..