or Connect

Posts by GrangerFX

Home appliances, including thermostats, typically last 10 to 20 years. This seem to be at odds with tech gadgets that need to be replaced every two years. Does anyone think that whatever devices Apple is selling 2035 will be compatible with that thermostat or will it have been tossed in the trash by 2020?
That GoPro $400 1080p camera makes the $1250 DJI Phantom 3 Pro which has a 4K motion stabilized camera and can FLY up to a mile away seem like a fantastic deal.
For many the choice is whether to buy a phone with the lowest storage every year or a phone with the higher storage every two years. If Apple increased the base storage to 64GB, far more people would upgrade every year. Why? Because when you upgrade you lose all that storage you purchased. You can't move it to the new phone so you have to buy it again at Apple's gigantic premium. I know I held off buying a new iPad last year for this reason.
No more 16GB phones please. Apple needs a big step up in storage. 64GB would be a good for a base model with 128 and 256GB for the higher end models.
Make fun of it if you want but I for one would love to see Apple make a wrap around display. That will be one cool looking iPhone.
I would rather fight a terrorist for my life than the government for my freedom.
For GPS, there is one thing that is even more important than precision and coverage to Apple: power. For GPS to be fully useable in small wearable devices, like a watch, or on all the time in a cell phone, you need to lower the power requirements. There may be ways to use a GPS augmentation system to reduce power requirements on mobile devices. This would vastly increase the uses for GPS location technology.
Those mobile GPUs in the desktop iMacs have to go! It is time for Apple to put real GPUs in their desktop computers.
iAds would do a lot better if they used the bar for useful information like the weather forecast, top news stories, stock prices, sports scores, road alerts when traveling and so on. Currently users just ignore the iAd bar because all it shows is ads. How well would a radio channel do if all it played was ads? For that matter look what happened to Playstation Home which was a giant 3D virtual world of ads. To get people's attention you need to mix the ads with useful...
I wonder if they used "Find My iPad" to catch the thieves? You KNOW they Apple has this enabled on all their prototypes these days in a way that cannot be turned off.