or Connect

Posts by GrangerFX

Is anyone else interested in a smaller iPhone? Something really easy to put in your pocket, hardened against keys, water resistant and not as slippery so no cover is needed? I find that even the iPhone 4 is too big to be comfortable in my pocket.
Imagine what they could do if WiFi hotspots contained hardware to determine precise range and direction of users in the mesh. The current invention is a bit of a hack that uses current WiFi hardware. Future hardware could contain time of flight technology for much more precise measurements leading to centimeter or even millimeter location precision. There are many cool uses for this type of precision including directed audio, beamed data, lights that show you the way in...
I wonder if they are going to expand this HTML 5 design tool into a full blown web pager designer? It would be nice to see the return of iWeb.
The A7 is limited to 31 bits of address space (2GB) by iOS 7 currently. While it is technically a 64 bit operating system, Apple found it to be more efficient to limit address space. Many developers, including myself, are hoping to see at least 42 bits of address space in iOS 8. Then we will see real competition with desktop computers.
How well would it have done against Android phones if it had sold for $399?
Three things that don't mix: Cameras in the living room or bed room Smart internet connected technology Closed source software I don't even trust Apple with that combo. If they can leave an obvious back door in their open source SSL code for months, what NSA induced nightmares will be lurking inside their black box code?
The biggest problem with iOS Maps currently is the inability to locate stores within outdoor malls. If you get directions to such a store, the Maps app will dump you at the entrance to the parking lot. Some of these malls are vast and it can be very difficult to locate a particular store. I once spent forty minutes driving and walking around searching for the one I wanted. Google Maps do a better job but are still not perfect. I suspect that Google knows more because...
Apple forgot to include a touch surface in their game controller spec. Even the Ouya game controller has touch as does the PS4's controllers. This is something you will be sorely missing when you use third party games and other apps on your Apple TV. This makes me think that the 2.0 version of the game controller spec is on the way along with first party controllers. I may be willing to pay $80 for a high quality Apple branded controller with the right features.
This is needed so that iPads can be interchangeable with each other within a company. If an iPads is not the responsibility of any particular employee and can instead drift around the company and used by whoever picks it up then it needs some kind of location based security to prevent it from wandering off home. That security needs to be tight. They can't simply wipe them to remove the security. You could still have personal smart devices as well but they would have a...
 They would re-enable themselves when the network goes back up again and they reconnect to it. WiFi networks do not go down very often in my experience. It is far more likely that the internet connection would be lost but that would not disable the devices if the scheme I suggested was implemented.