or Connect

Posts by GrangerFX

If only you could get Applecare for the drone... because you are going to crash it. Trust me. It will crash. I own one and even though I have tried to be extremely careful, I have crashed mine twice so far. This is a very expensive hobby to get into but I have to say it is also one of the most rewarding ones. The videos are simply amazing. They are better than the video you can make with a helicopter and much safer for all involved.
16GB is the new 4GB. It is unusable on a phone that records 4K video, can download 4GB apps (which require over 8GB to install) and caches loads of data from the cloud. There is no technical justification for the 16GB base model and little financial reason (flash storage is now very cheap). Consumers know when they are being gouged. In a year when many people are asking if they really need to upgrade, that 16GB storage will help them decide.
Windows 10 does not activate currently under Parallels when using the BootCamp partition even though this is an advertised feature of Parallels 10 and 11. Here is a thread about it: https://forum.parallels.com/threads/windows-10-bootcamp-vm-cant-validate.328996/
Good idea. Massively overpriced. China will spit those things out for $50 each.
Response: Think of the NSA!
Ugh. The iPad Mini is plenty thin enough. Give me more battery life, a better camera and a current generation CPU!
The inability to update an Android phone to the latest Android version supported by the hardware on the day the update is released is unacceptable. This is the #1 reason I would never use an Android phone as my primary smartphone. On the other hand you can pick them up for as little as $20 and they make a great FPV screen for drones.
I don't think Apple would be opposed to turning off a user's account if issued a legal demand by the US government. Problem solved!
As an app developer, I can tell you that Apple has broken the Bluetooth standard (that they helped define) by hiding the unique IDs it is based upon from developers. This is being done by Apple's SDK not the device itself. For WiFi the situation is vastly worse. There is not and never has been a WiFi SDK for iOS making life very difficult for both developers and users alike. It is far easier to setup a Nest smoke detector on an Android device than an iOS device. In most...
Xiaomi fails to understand that they fail not because they copy Apple or because their CEO buys 50 shirts at a time so he can always wear the same one like Steve Jobs. They fail because they are a typical Chinese company that is lacking in ethics. Ethics is not even taught in Chinese business schools. Someone who acted ethically in China is treated like a fool and seen as someone to be taken advantage of. Chinese companies can and do innovate all the time but then those...