or Connect

Posts by GrangerFX

The iPad Mini 3's best feature is its ability to knock $100 off the price of the Mini 2. If you get a refurb one like I just did, you save a total of $180. Also 32 GB is only $50 more than 16 GB. With tax I got a cellular iPad Mini 2 with 32 GB RAM and AT&T cellular data for $433.92 including tax.
I had better brush up on my Chinese.
With the Beats acquisition and the Apple Watch not having a headphone plug and the loss of the original iPod, I am wondering if it has been "way too long" since Apple had a music event. At the very least they need high quality, wireless Bluetooth headphones.
Judging by eBay, water is a much more serious threat to iPhones than cracked screens. It is easy to get a cracked screen replaced but once an iPhone gets wet, it is dead for good in most cases. I have my fingers crossed that the Apple Watch shows the future of Apple's mobile products: Completely sealed and water resistant.
4 GB of RAM seems hard to justify when you can get a 64GB micro SD card for $37 (I just picked one at random): http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Electronics-Adapter-MB-MP64DA-AM/dp/B00IVPU7AO/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1411399844&sr=1-2&keywords=micro sd
PayPal is the company that will take away all your money from your account for no stated reason and offers no recourse to people they do this to. Most recently, they removed access to the account of the author of Fukushima Diary who was living off the funds at the time. No reason was given: http://fukushima-diary.com/
Does anyone else find it odd that we have to speculate about iPhone hardware specs after it was announced and after people have placed orders for it? Apple does not even tell third party developers about the hardware platform they must develop for such as how much RAM they have to work with in their apps. I had to coax the fact that the A6 CPU could do a simple divide in hardware out of an Apple engineer. For years Apple had sessions at every WWDC to go over significant...
I, for one, would like more pixels. I never print my pictures. I just like to zoom in and see more detail. The thing I love most about digital photography is that cameras capture more detail than you saw when you took the photo. I love finding little details like a bug hiding behind the petal of a flower. More pixels means you can crop out these details and still have an image with a decent amount of resolution. You can say I am wrong but this iPhone user wants more...
Too bad the resolution has not improved. It has remained fixed at 8 megapixels since the 4s. That's six different phone models with the same resolution: 4s, 5, 5c, 5s, 6 and 6 plus. I realize that image quality matters more than resolution but resolution also matters. They could have squeezed in 12 megapixels by now and still had excellent quality. One other problem they need to solve: The phone should be able to take landscape photos and videos when it is held in...
Those pages are remarkably information content free. They don't tell you much beyond what was covered in the videos. Start with the top question: What can you do with the Apple Watch when there is no iPhone nearby? Those pages don't explain this at all. What they do say is contractionary. It says it has apps but it also says it requires an iPhone. Apps on the iPhone can run without a connection to another a device. Can apps on the Apple Watch do the same?These are not...