or Connect

Posts by GrangerFX

Apple did not implement my suggestion which was location based security and device sharing for enterprise users. The idea was that any device removed from the network and/or physical location would automatically brick themselves until they were reactivated by IT (or returning them to their proper location). It would also allow any person in the company to pick up any mobile device, log in with their credentials (or fingerprint) and then have the device immediately restore...
One of the things the FCC should study is the level to which Americans trust their government to collect data about them on their smart devices. The FCC could determine how revelations about the NSA's activities are impeding technological progress. This could help the government understand how important it is to have limits on wholesale spying and oversight of the NSA.
I keep all my Apple hardware. I even keep the packaging. The book case behind me looks like part of an Apple Store. I just love to look at the design.
iAnywhere could be a real Apple initiative but it probably won't just be docking an iPad to a keyboard. It would more likely be docking something like an iPsd or iPod Touch to a refrigerator or a washing machine and leaving it connected permanently. That would give you smart touch screen appliances running iOS and with the ability to extend their features via apps.
That's how you use a flexible display. You pull down the edges so it appears to be edgeless. The contacts are then vertical along the sides. You would need to make the edges curved, not a hard edge like the current iPhone, so that the maximum bend is not exceeded for the flexible display. Later models could pull the display all the way over the edge and down the sides to some degree allowing information and controls (volume for example) to be shown along the edges.
Does anyone else wish that the Mac Pro had two CPUs and one GPU? Dual 12 core Xeons would help me a lot more than dual ATI GPUs.
Apple's real competition is not Samsung's $600 S4. It is the $30-$50 pre-paid smart phones you can now pick up at Walmart. At less than one tenth the price, these phones are quite capable of doing all the thing users expect a smart phone to do. I picked up a $50 Nokia 520 from the Microsoft kiosk in front of the Apple store at my local mall. I expected it to be slow and cheaply designed. It actually had fast and fluid graphics and feels solid. It even has a built in GPS...
At this point, Apple should be seriously considering producing its own chips. Apple is big enough and the mobile revolution is not a fad. This would be a worthwhile investment for the company and could give them access to leading edge fabrication techniques. Currently they are at the mercy of chip suppliers in other countries and are constantly playing catch up to Intel.
I had to upgrade the ROM in a prototype Mac SE one time. I had no clue what I was doing and had to pull really hard on the old ROM to get it. When it did come out my hand jerked up and knocked the back of the tube. I stood there stupidly holding the small piece of glass while listening to air rushing in. I felt a bit like the astronaut in 2001 uselessly trying to plug the air hose back into his helmet.
I wish LaCie would sell just the thunderbolt drive enclosures with no drives. My idea of good flash drives and theirs are somewhat different. I would like to see what a pair of 2 GB flash drives could do. There are also a pair of 900 GB drives that would be fairly affordable. 1 TB is the same size as the Thunderbolt Little Big Disk they offered in October 2012.