or Connect

Posts by GrangerFX

The best way for Apple's routing system to learn is to watch when users don't go the suggested route but still get to the destination in a reasonable amount of time. If many users skip one section of the suggested route and go another way, that means that the suggestion is bad and the routing system should use the preferred route for everyone. There is a section like this when I drive from San Jose to Sacramento. It takes you off the freeway and onto a local street with...
The rating at the end is a big dumb unless it is optional. A smart system should know how about the stops, traffic lights, slow traffic etc. and be able to use heuristics to determine how efficient the trip was. Just look at a lot of people going from and to similar places and see how they did going different routes at different times of the day. Over time that will build up the kind of data base that Waze has and won't require any user feed back. In fact I suspect that...
What I want are Apple Bluetooth ear buds that generate energy by using the temperature difference inside your ear and the air. If not that then wireless charging (just leave them on a small charging device when you are not using them). The cords on Apple's current ear pods snag on everything. The soft rubber texture of the cords make them feel great but also make them super snag magnets. I have already destroyed the first set by using them when I work outside. It is...
Even if you are a huge Apple fan (like I am) think for a moment about how much it would suck if there was no competing Android platform. Competition is a good thing no matter how you look at it (unless you are a monopoly). I think that if I were not an iOS developer that I would prefer Android for its hacking potential and app anarchy. If there is something to take away from this article it is that Apple has a very profitable mobile platform while Google and the rest of...
The sun is also scheduled to rise on the morning of July 8. Is that just a coincidence? Perhaps Apple is working on solar charging.
That's easy to fix. In the next update of Android, just ask users to give permission to an app that tries to send a text message. Oh wait! Most phones never get an Android update. Guess you are screwed then.
If I had to guess, I would say that Apple knew full well about the speed limitation but decided to ship their tried and tested TCP stack with the initial release of the Macbook Air in order to meet their deadlines and always had a plan to address the issue with a future version of Mountain Lion or Mavericks. One thing that Apple does extremely well is networking software. After trying routers and software from various vendors, I ended up going all Apple and now enjoy...
Perhaps in a few more years in iOS 10 we will have the ability to select skins for iOS which will let us pick between the classic, iOS 7, iOS 10 or third party custom looks. I for one am in favor of giving the user more choices, making it easy to reset to defaults and making the defaults work the Apple designers think they should.
Apple obsoletes old devices in an interesting way. Even long after you can no longer update an older device like the original iPhone, it can still access the App Store. However there is no way to find apps that run on an original iPhone on the App Store. You can't just list compatible apps and at this point the only apps that would still run on that device are ones that have not been updated in several years to use newer versions of iOS. Even knowing that, finding apps...
Let them eat Android!