or Connect

Posts by GrangerFX

I don't know how much mystique there is in sitting all night next to a bunch of homeless people and being treated to bum fights. I think that a preorder list would have been better even if that meant fewer lines. People still queue up to pick up their phones. They just don't stay up all night camped on a dirty side walk.
Nice job AI having the article ready to fire when iOS 7 was released.
In defense of Apple, 64 bits and the A7 processor There is a lot of confusion about why Apple decided to go to a 64 bit ARMv8 architecture for their A7 processor in the iPhone 5S. There is also a lot of doubt about their claim of double CPU performance. I know that 64 bit is essential for further progress in mobile computing and expect that the double performance claim will prove to be accurate. Here is why.   Let's start with the performance claim. The A7 processor...
The chip company that AI should focus on is not Samsung, it is Intel. Sure Samsung's processor may have its flaws but it is is still a lot faster than the previous year's CPUs. Now look at Intel's CPUs for 2013 vs 2012. They are barely faster. They made the graphics a lot better and greatly improved the energy use but the performance at the high end has only improved by a few percentage points. Meanwhile mobile processors are advancing at about 2x performance per year. In...
Most significantly the new color means that these devices will not get a hardware upgrade this year. There is no way that Apple would release a new color and then release a hardware upgrade. Apple currently has a two year refresh on iPods. Next year we will get an A6 or (hopefully) A7 iPod touch upgrade and an iPod Nano redesign.
Now Apple has standard game controllers for iOS devices, it begs for games and other apps to be playable on the AppleTV. I am hoping this comes sooner rather than later.
Consider all the high quality leaks for the iPhone 5s and 5c. We know what they look like, we have seen their components, the boxes they come it. There is video of a 5c running with the screen on. Here is a detailed photo of the 5s fingerprint sensor. OK now ask yourself why there has not been one single leaked photo of the iWatch? Does it not really exist or is Apple building it in a super secret assembly like using robots?
The real fire sale is the Surface RT tablet and touch cover for $199 now on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/32GB-Microsoft-Surface-RT-Tablet-bundle-with-Black-Touch-Cover/181164214746
Cool things Apple could do with an iWatch: When you hold it up to look at it, the screen turns. It could generate energy for itself as you move your arm while walking. It would know when you go for a walk or jog and activate tracking and other feature automatically. When you are at rest near an AppleTV, it could show you a remote control app. The pod cast app would gather shows you are interested in when connected to WiFi. Apple could automatically generate news and...
Meanwhile, Siri can now change the screen brightness which is a feature I asked for myself: "dim the screen" Siri: OK I made it a bit darker. "full brigthness" Siri: This is as bright as it gets. I find this much better than Glass jokes.