or Connect

Posts by GrangerFX

$100 gets you 20 movies. Additional movies are $2 each. I conclude that China needs NetFlix (or something like it) soon. This is what everyone but the content owners have known forever. If you sell access to content at a reasonable price and make it easy to use, people will buy it. As it stands they make almost nothing in China, India and other highly populated places in the world yet those same people are willing to pay if the price is reasonable and the access is easy.
Any store should be able to take money for products from customers when their POS system goes down or the internet does not work or whatever. I run into this more and more and it seems insane to me.
I don't understand why Apple cannot upgrade its existing Apple TV with an A7 processor and third party apps while working on wearable devices? Apps for Apple TV are long overdue. Apple now has the SDK and specs for iOS game controllers so all the pieces are now in place for a fantastic TV experience with iOS.
The best use for curved glass with a flexible LCD display is to simply have the display curve over the edges of the phone. This would make the screen more than edge to edge. It would have the same effect as an infinite pool. It would be visually stunning. It would require some minor changes to the UI design of all apps since there would need to be a touch safe region of the screen (on the top surface slightly inset from the edges) since you don't want touchable buttons...
Robots. In American factories. Apple should design them. Apple should program them. When they work really well, Apple can sell them to us as another amazing product. Robots keep secrets. Robots don't go on strike. No one cares if a robot is damaged in an industrial accident. The Mac Pro factory in Texas was the prototype but hopefully soon every Apple product will be made by automated factories.
These take some time to turn on which is really dumb. I think their CPU has to boot up before turning on the light. When they do come on, they are great but expect a second or two of darkness when you flip the switch.
Call it the iPad Pro. It is this device that makes me think we will see real operating system features, such as a true file system, emerge in iOS 8 to go with this pro tablet. Other pro features would be 2 GB of RAM, eSATA speed flash memory, virtual memory (which will absolutely scream with fast flash) and a quad core CPU. We got 64 bit in the A7 to give Apple and third party developers a platform to test with iOS 8's pro features when it goes to beta at WWDC 2014. I...
Looking forward now to the iPad 6 with a quad core A8 processor, double graphics performance (yet again), fingerprint sensor, 8 megapixel camera, 2 GB RAM, super fast eSATA flash storage and iOS 8 with a real file system and desktop features. I would not be surprised to see keyboard covers from Apple as well to turn it into a true laptop computer for those that want to use it that way. It's only a year away now.
I like a range of sizes for smart phones. A 6" makes sense as does a 4". My wife does not like the current iPhone because it is too big for her pockets. Apple should also go the other direction and make a tiny iPhone with a 3" screen.
8 percent. Can you imagine what the reaction would have been if the A7 was only 8% faster than the A6 processor? Instead it was about twice as fast and is 64 bit. Mobile processors are about to crash into the performance curve of Intel's desktop processors over the next year or two. It should be fun to watch.