or Connect

Posts by GrangerFX

I was hoping for a flash LED like on the excellent 5th gen iPod Touch but I don't see a hole for it. That thing is vastly more useful as a flashlight. It is really bright and makes getting around in the dark a breeze.
The most important difference between Apple and Google maps is in the SDK used by third party app developers. Google places loads of restrictions on the developer and can even turn off maps entirely if an app gets too popular. Apple has very few restrictions via their SDK and are mostly aimed at preventing out of control bugs from overloading their servers. With Apple's SDK, you can create a route between two points and access each point on the line. It even gives you...
The Surface is a tablet designed for people that love Windows. But does anyone really love Windows? I mean LOVE it not merely put up with it or use it to run programs they do love. There may be people in the world who truly love Windows but I have never met one.
I am really curious as to what happens if the code is hacked to permanently set the clock at the higher frequency? Does the Galaxy S4 overheat and damage the chips? That would be cool (well hot really).
I spoke at length with a NVidia engineer at Siggraph about their automobile integration effort. They had a demo of a center dash display which could show the normal speed dials and other status information. You could also scroll through other displays much like flipping between Cover Flow songs on an iPhone. NVidia wants the automobile software to be fully upgradable but said that they don't expect third party apps for the main console display due to safety reasons and...
I like the name. It reminds me of the Apple IIc.
A big shrug about what the hacker did. I for one am proud to be an Apple developer. Go ahead and show my name any time you want. Apple forced us to use our e-mail address as our developer IDs some time ago so no big secrets were exposed there either. I was kind of hoping mine would show up in that video. I am not happy that we now know more about what is going on from this hacker's youtube video than from Apple itself. Apple should have come clean immediately when they...
It seems that Apple does not work on the weekends. That's too bad because app developers do work on the weekends and this weekend many of us are stuck on issues in iOS 7 that we cannot solve without access to the dev center.  
He is talking about XCode 5 beta not the one on the App Store.
My guess: They took it down to update to a new version of XCode 5 to support the latest iOS and Mavericks SDK but then found a significant bug in one of those and had to hold mid-process.